I am not a Brand Basher BuT......

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the answer lies in what you want to do with your machine. If you are the kind of guy who says "I use this machine to go places," you usually don't have any problems. As soon as you start saying, "I use this machine to go places a machine shouldn't go," or, "I use this machine to go places my buddies can't go with theirs," you start running into problems.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say yours is junk you say mine is junk. Let's just get out there and ride the ch!t out of them.

Oh ya kawis are junk. Lol. Can't wait to see a 2012

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I ran a Doo dealership we had a outlander come in with over5500 miles on it it was overheated so bad it melted the plastic covers on the motor and part of the foot well.We fixed the hole in the rad and changed the oil and the bike now has over 7000 miles on it to bad they all weren't that strong.I had done 2 reny motors,but there was a oil pump issue, but BRP has warrenty thats awsome well as long as your dealers decent.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know about that Ray. I have a brand spanking new Polaris quad that I just picked up for my fleet. While I was loading it at the dealers I noticed that the fuel gauge was blinking...no big deal..thought it was out of gas...not... Fuel gauge not working. Rented it out yesterday and it came back with 42kms on it and a squeaking rear CV joint. Pulled it apart last night and found that it had NO grease in it from factory. On my way now for a new one??? WTF is with these people. :realmad:

Crappy,,,,poor workmanship before it hits the dealer floor is very frustration....

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say yours is junk you say mine is junk. Let's just get out there and ride the ch!t out of them.

Oh ya kawis are junk. Lol. Can't wait to see a 2012

No you don't want to see the 2012 brute force they are UGLY.

Sent from my pimpin iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there ever a lot of Troubled Kawi threads in this forum. Every where you look it seems....is this just me? Seen three pulled back to camp this past weekend. A sport quad, a brute and a sidebyside. I always thought Polaris was the dog :eek:

They all have their issues and with many of the problems you see out there it's operator abuse and wannabe mechanics making them worse.

IG650

Reaction score
Rider, regular maintenance and modifications are all major factors.

Thanks, nice clean summary.

They all have their issues that are unique to that model.

Have ridden with more skilled riders or ones with bigger nads that have kicked my ass on all brands.
:d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there ever a lot of Troubled Kawi threads in this forum. Every where you look it seems....is this just me? Seen three pulled back to camp this past weekend. A sport quad, a brute and a sidebyside. I always thought Polaris was the dog :eek:

Nah, you're a brand basher :d

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Nah, you're a brand basher :d

No I'm Not...just hit "view new posts" and you'll see what I mean. I bet you'll see at least one thread in the top 15 that has something to do with a Kawi broke down. The only Kawi I've ever owned was a KX250 dirtbike that was pretty much indestructible.

POLARIS = Pull Over Loser A Race Is Starting :d

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You snowchecked a what?
No I'm Not...just hit "view new posts" and you'll see what I mean. I bet you'll see at least one thread in the top 15 that has something to do with a Kawi broke down. The only Kawi I've ever owned was a KX250 dirtbike that was pretty much indestructible.

POLARIS = Pull Over Loser A Race Is Starting :d

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was that the one with drum brakes or the flinstone one where you use your feet........?

drum brakes only lasted the first 100 km then you switched to the gears then all else fails use your feet wish i could have owned one from brand new

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe cause of the price u see There's a ton of brutes out there. 13000 km on my 05. 6500 on my 2007 brute. And 3000 on my 2008. All of the machines had 28" tires. Snorkels. Elka shocks. only problem I had was tie rods. But not having mechanics knowledge helps people wreck stuff. Like high range mudding with 28" tires. I rode the piss out of mine without wrecking stuff. Now I Have a renegade. It's only 1000 miles. Cylinder head Oil leaks. Two master cylinders. Computer. Stator won't let me plow cause the charging system can't keep up. Everyday it says limp mode. Go home. But yet runs good. IMO brute is a great quad. There's a shot load them out there so there must be someone who's not happy.

Top Bottom