Hypothetical towing situation...

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 188045

I agree though, there are some amazing dogpiles here. Like if you say the XM isn't the very best sled ever, you are going to have pages of why wider and heavier is better lol.

That being said, I understand limits are their for a reason, just curious what the thoughts of the general populace was. I was rather surprised the rear axle weighed that much when I (hypothetically) got to the scale as it towed so well. Truck doesn't look crushed either.

The XM isn't the best sled ever........there, I said it............

Cummins610

Reaction score
So if I put some 10 plys on my GM Canyon I'm good to go? I dont know for sure, but i think they might look at some other factors....

From a commercial standpoint, yes. We can legally gross 37,000pounds with a 1 ton truck and gooseneck(think about that), we never do because the trucks do not have adequate braking with that weight but the DOT has no concern with driveability, stopping distance or acceleration. Now obliviously a GMC Canyon would not be used commercially, and there is not any roadside check stops for personal vehicles in Alberta, so the op has no reason to worry.

Whatever happenes in the land of BC I have no knowledge on, we stay as far far away from there as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From a commercial standpoint, yes. We can legally gross 37,000pounds with a 1 ton truck and gooseneck(think about that), we never do because the trucks do not have adequate braking with that weight but the DOT has no concern with driveability, stopping distance or acceleration. Now obliviously a GMC Canyon would not be used commercially, and there is not any roadside check stops for personal vehicles in Alberta, so the op has no reason to worry.

Whatever happenes in the land of BC I have no knowledge on, we stay as far far away from there as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just rassing you, but if thats true then wow. People do use Canyon's for commercial use beleive it or not. Not every one hauls a welder or flare stack for work.
Might now that know that I could though...lol

Last edited:

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is also solved. I was able to acquire a dually. So now I have room to spare for my travels about the promised land.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a Tundra on thrusday going north on Highway 22 pulling what looked like about a 30 foot trailer fish tailing all over the road. Thought for sure we were seeing a wreck happening. I would never pull anything over 26 foot trailer with my Tundra, I am sure it can pull it but my family and our lives are way to valueable to me .

Top Bottom