Hydro packs?

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've just got a brand new 2012 KTM xcf and getting my gear together. To hit the trails I'm in the market for a hydro pack any good input do you guys use them? Any good reconditions? Probably need to fit in a few small tools even a first aid kit just in case thanks John.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a new balance one from Costco a couple years back seems to work great holds enough water,lots of room for tools,and snacks fan even fit a rain coat and it has straps to pull it tight when there is next to nothing in it as well
i can't ride with out me now as it feels weird like my chest protector is super loose

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am used to carrying and avy pack for sledding so a small pack with a hydration bag isn't even noticeable.

I have been using an old MEC pack for years. Fits a hydration bag, first aid kit, small bike pump and spare goggles. I am sure I could jam more in there but I prefer carrying weight on my front bar bag. It is comparable to a smaller camelback back bag, slightly smaller than the KTM bag.

If I needed something newer I would likely go for the KTM camelback. It isnt to big and could maybe hold more if I needed. Maybe a lunch.

sent from a top secret location

Mr Husaberg

Reaction score
I have the Ogio ezerberg for racing as it has no storage and I just bought the Baja trail riding. lots of storage and I really like the bladder and mouth valve. way better than the MEC ones. A bit spendy but they make nice stuff.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As far as bladders I use the Platypus ones. They do not have the taste of cheap rubber bladders and have an on off valve plus are easy to wash out.

I generally fill it half way and freeze it over night. Then unzip the top and fill the rest in the morning.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use an old MEC one that I've had for at least 10 years. Holds 2 litres and I can jam some tools in as well. I really like how small it is because my back doesn't get all sweaty like with a larger pack. Too bad MEC are hippies as I'm due for a replacement but I don't see any really small packs around anymore.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear my MEC one to add insult to the tree huggers. :p

Top Bottom