Hybrid Trailer Thoughts??

northof40

Reaction score
Anyone out there run one of these type of trailers? Sold my 4 place inline last year because I didn't like a few things about it. Was planning on going to 3 place deck over, but then these caught my eye. Thought the might be good cause most of the time it is just 2 or 3 of us going, and I could still haul sleds on my deck if needed with this behind.

1h5jro.jpg

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A bud had one and loved it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

northof40

Reaction score
I've never had one but those little wheelbarrow tires always concerned me

I have the same concerns with those little 10'' units. These ones have 13'' on them and would make me feel better about things haha

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
I have the same concerns with those little 10'' units. These ones have 13'' on them and would make me feel better about things haha

I have a Triton hybrid and love it. It has 13' wheels and pull great at 70mph. I had a flatdeck with wide 10" wheels before that and 65mph was about top speed I felt I could drive safely. I've had tent trailers with 10's for years and never had a problem as long as you don't overload them.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
I have a Triton hybrid and love it. It has 13' wheels and pull great at 70mph. I had a flatdeck with wide 10" wheels before that and 65mph was about top speed I felt I could drive safely. I've had tent trailers with 10's for years and never had a problem as long as you don't overload them.

Just an interesting little tidbit of info for you..... Trailer tires are only rated for a max of 65MPH anyway.

Poo time

Reaction score
I bought one of these units last December. Pulls great even with a cross wind which I was worried about seeing it is so light. Only thing that sucks for me with it is being over 6 feet tall I can't stand straight up in it.

northof40

Reaction score
I bought one of these units last December. Pulls great even with a cross wind which I was worried about seeing it is so light. Only thing that sucks for me with it is being over 6 feet tall I can't stand straight up in it.

Yeah, im over 6 feet too. That is the only downside I can see so far.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a used one in Edson for $5400

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at these as well. I was interested in the triton TC 167-2. I think a little more headroom than the deck over single axle and an optional side door. A touch More $$ tho.

For some reason the wife won't give me a permission slip to buy one. Something to do with $40 oil and the chance of unemployment. Maybe in 2018.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That used one seems expensive. Could get a nice small tandem enclosed for similar money.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
That used one seems expensive. Could get a nice small tandem enclosed for similar money.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

The enclosed trailers I looked at were close to double the price for all aluminum. My Triton only weights about 970 lbs w/brakes ( 2000 lbs loaded ) and I can pull it with an SUV if I wants.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

cut a hole in the top! j/k.

otherwise going to be hard on forehead, unless you can fab some sort of false wall on the trailer floor to raise everything?

Top Bottom