Hunting time. What are you doing?

Andrew.L

Reaction score
Well the time has arrived. HUNTING SEASON IS HERE!!!!

What kind of game will you be hunting for this year?
Rifle, Shotgun or bow?
Tree stand or ground blind?

Since I am a cripple and my motocross season came to an end this past weekend. I have nothing but time to prepare for hunting season now.

Game being hunted this season:
-Bull Moose
-White tail buck
WANTING TO DO COUGAR AND BEAR ALSO

Weapon of choice:
-Tekka t3 Lite 30-06
Redfield 3x9 -40mm scope

Choice of camouflage:
-2 ground blinds
-1 tree stand

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I grew up on a farm and hunted all my life, even trapped for a few years. It occured to me as of a few hunting seasons ago that I just do not have the heart to kill anything anymore. Dont get me wrong as my entire family are HUGELY avid hunters. BUT I myself am no longer a hunter.

I realized this after a couple seasons ago and a young bull Moose and a couple Deer later that week.
I had the Moose strung up with the old Case at our farm and was half way through skinning it and my daughter ran up and asked "why is it dead, and what did it do to me" That was about it for me from that point on :/ I still get the "itch" every season though as it was my life basically, and it actually brought all our family together for "the big hunt"

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll be getting another whitetail buck this year(well hopefully). Last year was my
First year to get a deer (second year hunting), as I was 14 at that time. 15 now. I'll be going With my uncle, north of rocky mountAin
House. Probably Going to Use a ground blind. Be using a rifle aswell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i use a 300 Win Mag remington to hunt, and for transport my old faithful honda big red 250

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a cow elk tag. Will help friends with bull moose and cow moose. Look for a whitetail deer.
No bow this year.

Will try shotgun and then 300 mag.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
White tail buck (hopefully) probably a couple of doe's and my brother has a bull moose draw. Winchester Model 70 300 mag and a thompson center black powder rifle. I can't wait!! Oh and i can't forget the ruger 10/22 for chickens.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have one Spring black bear already.

Two weeks ago, punched my Caribou tag on a dandy Mountain bull. Shot at 300 yards with a Sako A7 300 WSM. (My Remington SPS 700 did a cartwheel off my Sportsman "Lock" and ride gun boot when we spotted this bull at last light. I figured it was way out of zero. What a useless pile of ch!t that boot is!

In a few days, heading out for 10 days for a big ol' Yukon moose. Shot a small bull last year that tasted AMAZING (smelled like he just got out of a bubble bath, no ruttiness at all). This year, maybe take a big dinosaur if we see one (60" +). If not, I'm ok with a small bull again! Maybe get lucky and get to take a Grizz or wolf off of the gutpile!

x 2 on the Ruger 10/22!

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my girlfriend has status and she likes hunting, took her last year and bought her a rifle this year. so we will go for whatever, whenever i find and point animals and she shoots. anyone have an elk problem in the NW corner of the province???

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sheep. 7mm rem mag. Was out for a week already and buddy had a solid chance but missed. Goin back to try again soon.

Andrew.L

Reaction score
Bull Elk and Antlerless Mule deer hunt this weekend.

Who else is going out this weekend?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
;).......

Last edited:

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got back from a week of mulie and elk hunting. Not 1 shooter all week. Going muzzle loader for whitetail in sask next week. Can't wait!! Luv2hunt

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I grew up on a farm and hunted all my life, even trapped for a few years. It occured to me as of a few hunting seasons ago that I just do not have the heart to kill anything anymore. Dont get me wrong as my entire family are HUGELY avid hunters. BUT I myself am no longer a hunter.

I realized this after a couple seasons ago and a young bull Moose and a couple Deer later that week.
I had the Moose strung up with the old Case at our farm and was half way through skinning it and my daughter ran up and asked "why is it dead, and what did it do to me" That was about it for me from that point on :/ I still get the "itch" every season though as it was my life basically, and it actually brought all our family together for "the big hunt"

You dont have to kill something to go hunting. Why not volunteer to take care of the camp. Cook,firewwood,pulling the tub trailer to pick-up the game after one of your family pulls the trigger. You are still there for the social and fun part of the hunt just dont have to pull the trigger if you dont want to.You see all the fall colors and get to experience of the sucessfull hunt and share your knowledge of your past hunting experiences.
Thats my plan for when I`m ready

Top Bottom