Hunting Machine

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My parents are hunters and there looking for somthing that is good in the snow and mud..
They have an argo which is now 30 years old and they thinking its time for retirement.
When he was hunting with his buddy this year there was a little more snow and it was harder to get around. There looking at Atv's with tracks, Skandic's, and somthing like the Polaris Ranger or Rino's, Can you get tracks for the rangers? Are you a hunter and what do you use so I can let them know. They are looking to get set up for next season..

RON :hunter2:

dean_jimmy96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just got a grizzly 700 with huge tires on it and i can go through 3 feet of snow :p but bring some extra gas because its nothing but flat out full throttle haha

charity650

Reaction score
I've gone out huntin with some friends of ours who own a rhino with tracks and it handles great.. My cat goes right along with it but has some troubles in the frozen ruts. I think the rhinos are the way to go or the rangers as long as you have tracks.. Another good thing about them is you can pack another person giving you another set of hands while skinning and loading the animal, and it will be easier on your parents to not as rough riding those rhinos with tracks....BUT beware they DO NOT handle very well on hard ground!!

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron, both the rhino and ranger have track kits available for them. Rhino rides and handles better than Ranger. Ranger has a payload of about 1000lbs vs the rhino at about 350lbs. Ranger box is much larger. Ranger cost more. Both units can be accessorized to no end including cabs and heaters. Rhino is lighter. Rhino will take two riders, Ranger w/bench seat will take three. Rhino is designed for trail riding and fun factor. Ranger is a work horse. Ranger is available in a 6X6 configeration. Rhino will fit in a truck box; Ranger will not.

I have always used a utility quad (4X4s and 6X6s) for hunting.

The Rhino and Prowler are quite different from the Ranger. I suggest they try some demos and study the accessory guides for each. Do all pricing with the accessories included.

Swanhills redneck

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals I have a 07 xp 700 and i have tatu tracks for it they are awesome!! they were a bit pricey but worth every penny! I paid 4000.00 for the tracks they install i a bout 1 hr and remove in a 30min.You can use them year round but i use mine in the snow.I was going where doo's where going and no trouble.They are final drived down so no problems with belts or anything mechanical.It is harder to steer but if your moving its not that bad.Theres my two cents!!

Top Bottom