Hows Vega on May long?

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

A bunch of friends and i where wondering if Vega was any good on may long weekend?? We have sport quads and 4x4 quads. Love all sorts of riding, Trials, mud, roads etc. i heard the Cop presence up there is bad these days. Any feedback would be awesome. If you know of any other areas around edmonton/ central alberta it would be appreciated!!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well my sh!t is together, i just hste getting stopped every day so they can check for papers. There always such assho!es, Like there saving the world or something!! Either way it sounds like its not the best place for 4x4 quads!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Well my sh!t is together, i just hste getting stopped every day so they can check for papers. There always such assho!es, Like there saving the world or something!! Either way it sounds like its not the best place for 4x4 quads!!
They must do things different where youre from. Here if you get stopped and have all your paperwork in order they are usually real nice guys and give you a specific coloured handlebar sticker to put on your machine for the weekend. That sticker lets all other officers know that you have been checked out and are good to go and they leave you alone.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That sounds more like it. I have yet to experience that. I got stopped 3 times in one day by 3 different guys. had to sit there for 30 min each time as he went and sat in his truck to make sure we were all good.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
That sounds more like it. I have yet to experience that. I got stopped 3 times in one day by 3 different guys. had to sit there for 30 min each time as he went and sat in his truck to make sure we were all good.
Ya they just change colours every few weeks. The sticker comes off easily. It's a pretty sweet idea.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Vega but dunno if I could spend a whole weekend there. You could always try by the Brazeau Dam. I haven't ridden there much but know a few who campt there religiously, so there must be a plethora of trails. Problem with the Braz is that you gotta be careful where you camp or there's a good chance you may come back to find something (or everything) missing. I don't know if theft is an issue at the campsites or just for random campers.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's quad friendly camp sites in Whitecourt too - lots of terrain up there. I'm sure you'd find them easily with a little googling.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have a HOOT there are lots of trails (i ride bike). For quads your a bit limited i guess but its a good time were planning on spending a bit of time there this summer.

As for may long its not going to be any different then any other place for may long cold,prob wet, over crowded, drunken a$$ h0les, etc etc

u have fun on may long i will be there 2 weekends later after the rush ;)

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
yup, if Vega is your plan, you may want to get there early... it will get packed! As will most places May long. The RCMP and fish cops will be everywhere as well. And as long as you have all your documents, are not drinking, they are usually pretty good. Stay off the road, and south of it or you will get in trouble.

Landrew

Reaction score
Long weekends get busy, to much traffic, May long is usually the most enforced. I prefer a non long weekend or better yet a weekday.

Top Bottom