hows fernie

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok. ive read the snow reports for fernie. im on days off on the 14th. thinking maybe heading to fernie around the 15th or 16th with wife. any one have any suggestions where to go? looking for some easy riding for her. were gonna do revy but i think all the snow there may be to much for her. getting stuck allthe time. a little overwhelming for her. we would like to do some trails and some playing in some areas for me like some climbs and powder. open to suggestions. thanx. edit: we havent been there sledding yet so looking for easy safe riding.

Last edited:

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe i didnt word it right. we would like to get out but dont know the area. as in where to stage,wheres the places thats not real technical, less avy hazards etc. coming fro medicine hat amd would really like some advice. if anyone else is looking to head that hasnt been out or new to the sport, let me know if interested in getting together for a day ride. wifes welcome. just looking to have some fun with the wife.

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe i didnt word it right. we would like to get out but dont know the area. as in where to stage,wheres the places thats not real technical, less avy hazards etc. coming fro medicine hat amd would really like some advice. if anyone else is looking to head that hasnt been out or new to the sport, let me know if interested in getting together for a day ride. wifes welcome. just looking to have some fun with the wife.

Best bet is to PM FernieSnow for some local advisory tips for what you're looking for!

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take your wife and stage at Coal Creek out of Fernie, then head up to the cabin, follow signage! Past the cabin you can ride the pipeline, which is rolling and fun for the ladies and gents! You'll make a day outta that trip with your wife. It's one of those rides that is fun to train new riders on, with small to large challenges, and easy terrain for the most part. Not sure if getting off the pipeline is advisable, as there are alot of rocks and trees on either side. Trail maps should be available at the gas stations in fernie....

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Take your wife and stage at Coal Creek out of Fernie, then head up to the cabin, follow signage! Past the cabin you can ride the pipeline, which is rolling and fun for the ladies and gents! You'll make a day outta that trip with your wife. It's one of those rides that is fun to train new riders on, with small to large challenges, and easy terrain for the most part. Not sure if getting off the pipeline is advisable, as there are alot of rocks and trees on either side. Trail maps should be available at the gas stations in fernie....
Your right on par with that except you have to be careful telling people to head to the cabin as we now, thanx to Doug and FSA, have a new cabin at the base of the burn.

I don't know if the signs to wranglers cabin were left up or have been put up this year or if the trail has even been put in. This is doubtful as we have snow but I'm not sure if there is enough to cover the logs to allow for grooming to wranglers yet. So just be careful trying to get to wranglers cabin. Take a map and GPS which you should always carry anyways.
Maps are available at Ghost Rider Motorsports here in Fernie. They are closed sunday monday.
Good luck and play safe

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanx for the info. hey fernie snow. i forgot about youre offer. ill have to read closer. maybe we can hook up after them dates sometime. would be good. ill ,let ya know when we are thinking. were in medicine hat so not to far away.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
thanx for the info. hey fernie snow. i forgot about youre offer. ill have to read closer. maybe we can hook up after them dates sometime. would be good. ill ,let ya know when we are thinking. were in medicine hat so not to far away.

Hahahaha……….a lot of information passes through the pages of S&M and back-reading is a chore but sometimes very useful. Teddybear26x, is correct; all the signs are not up yet as we need snow to stake them, there are some remaining on the trees, and there is not enough snow to groom yet. When it is safe for the SnowCat on the lower elevations (enough snow so that we don't break the cleats and not real icy), the SnowCat will go out and fill in the creek crossings and the water bars, place the safety stakes, and erect the signage.

Ya, keep me posted as to when you are coming, and I'll work you into my busy schedule to show you around.

Top Bottom