How To : Seal Tile & Grout ??

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I need to seal my tile (& grout ?).. Got some sealer from my builder's tile guy.. but have no idea what I'm supposed to do!..

Any suggestions as to pre-cleaning, application method, drying times, materials etc would be greatly appreciated!!

there 12x24 tiles located in the entranceway, bathrooms & master shower, kitchen backsplash and fireplace surround.. do i need to do them all???
There full body (black all the way through) textured (look & feel) tiles, not sure if that means porcelin ? Was going to try to find that out tonight by checking out the leftover ones..

sorry if my termonology is off

TIA

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Also follow the directions on the sealer you have as far as mixing etc. It's very simple though wipe on, dry, wipe off.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your tile isn't a natural tile it should be ready to go and just the grout would need sealed. They make little PIA tools for that. But you can go over it all with your sealer though. If it's a natural tile, then you have to seal it all, but they also have to seal it before they grout it or the grout stains them...

Use a brush or a foam applicator, but don't work it too much so you make little air bubbles...keep it bubble free...if you get a white build up of sealer, you're using too much. You can use a stain applicator for floors too...covers more area. Can't really fugg this up too bad LOL ;)

Not sure what Sledderdoc uses...but we haven't used a sealer that's wipe on, wipe off before. :confused: Just clear sealers...that you put on and let dry.

Top Bottom