how to raise a seat!

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where to post this but I figure this might be the place. any ideas how to raise a seat on a 2001 summit, 98 summit, and a 99 700 RMK I have a polaris IQ and you sit higher. girlfriend has a edge with a boss seat that sits 3-4 inches higher than stock seat. now our parents both want there sleds to have a seat like hers or sit like mine. what can we do to lift the seats. has anyone done this with out going out and buying a boss seat? any info.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you considered a used boss seat ? if you wanted a good job you would have to be really good with the sowing machine, or pay a apolstor big bucks.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure where to post this but I figure this might be the place. any ideas how to raise a seat on a 2001 summit, 98 summit, and a 99 700 RMK I have a polaris IQ and you sit higher. girlfriend has a edge with a boss seat that sits 3-4 inches higher than stock seat. now our parents both want there sleds to have a seat like hers or sit like mine. what can we do to lift the seats. has anyone done this with out going out and buying a boss seat? any info.

One cheap way is to take the cover off the seat, put pink insulation styrofoam (the hard stuff not the fiberglass stuff :)) between the original seat foam and the plastic base, and then get it re-covered. You might have to carve it in a few spots so the pink styrofoam will fit nice, but I have seen this done as a cheap option in the past.

Top Bottom