How to dry gear in trailer

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering how you hang out all your gear to dry over night? What types of hooks or shelving works best for helmets.jackets, gloves all that good stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you would need a pretty kick ass heater in your trailer to melt the snow off your sleds and dry your gear. I just take my gear into the room or house depending on where we're staying.

ThrottleOps

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea I was thinking for in my shop, mostly looking for ideas whether it needs to be shelving or hung from the roof or what

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bring all my gear into the house and put it by the wood stove. next day it's completely dry and ready to go.

scully

Reaction score
image.jpg

This this is the only picture I have currently. We ran abs pipe from the furnace and have super hang-al hangers above. This will dry coats and pants no problem. We run clothes lines across the ceiling and clip gloves and what ever small stuff from them. I have 2 helmet racks at the front, fit 3 helmets on one rack, 3 pairs of boots on the lower rack. I use boot dryers for the boots as we either plug in or run a generator all nite. My floor is not insulated but walls and ceiling are. We run a 28" fan on the floor for air movement. I will use 2 30lbers of propane over 3 nights. Sleds are thawed, gear is dry and stays about 15 inside when it is 20 below outside.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Cal, I have a 4'x4' cedar stripped rack that raises and lowers (it is on a pulley system) from the ceiling. Lower it to hang the wet gear on, lay the gloves on the top, and pull it up. With your anticipated heat in the shop, this would work great.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shelving racks up top for helmets and gloves, held up by 2" tubing all around which you hang your coats, pants from. A room about 15x15 with basically any decent heater. Dry in the morning son.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gave up on drying stuff in the trailer and moved back to drying in the hotel room.
I keep one of these in the trailer for the hotel rooms that never have enough spots to hang stuff to dry. Trick is getting my stuff on it before the weasels we travel with steal all the space on it.

Found the last one on sale for $28 at Canadian Tire.

642766.jpg

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gave up on drying stuff in the trailer and moved back to drying in the hotel room.
I keep one of these in the trailer for the hotel rooms that never have enough spots to hang stuff to dry. Trick is getting my stuff on it before the weasels we travel with steal all the space on it.

Found the last one on sale for $28 at Canadian Tire.

View attachment 173201

x2. And bring a small heater fan to move air. Since I always have my own room - I never have to worry about floor stealing weasels.

Top Bottom