How much snow from 2010 season do you think is still up top?

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the great winter we had last year; i was thinking there has got to be some snow left over still in the upper bowls from last winter no?
Which areas do you guys think have the most snow and how much would you guess at this moment?

As well, i wonder if anybody ever tried to get up to a glacier this time of year? (need a helicopter im sure) At the higher elevations you would think the snow would be staying - that could mean 2' of fresh potentially........:D

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the great winter we had last year; i was thinking there has got to be some snow left over still in the upper bowls from last winter no?
Which areas do you guys think have the most snow and how much would you guess at this moment?

As well, i wonder if anybody ever tried to get up to a glacier this time of year? (need a helicopter im sure) At the higher elevations you would think the snow would be staying - that could mean 2' of fresh potentially........:D

A good friend of mine does a lot of hiking in BC and Washington. 2 weeks ago they hiked Mt. Baker in Washington just a couple hrs from Vancouver. They probed 9 ft of snow from last years snow fall. The guide said that he has been hiking that mountain for 32 years and never seen anything like it.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
in the SE Kootenays, there is no left over snow from last year. All the snow on the Fernie ski hill even melted with the warmth of Sept.

There will be some on the Abruzzi Glacier.

The good news is that as I type, it is building once again.....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a small amount of snow left in brewer at the end of august when I was in there, BrewerTrail20110821_18.jpg not alot left on the glaciers either. Pretty warm fall.
Close to 2' of fresh on a certain glacier as of last week....

Top Bottom