How much of a PITA is it to replace the S-Module?

slednk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not that hard my brother and I ... Mainly me cuz he just held the tools but it took 2.5 if u know what your doing ... But I replaced the rivits with bolts.... And the rivit in between the stabilizer bar and bulk head is a son of gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just did mine and it was about the 4 hour mark and I have all the tools and it was easy. just remember to get enough bolts and nuts and rivits to install the new one and replace you A-arm bushings while your there. I did it on a hoist so I was standing up for the complete job so that was nice... would be a bear on the ground I would think. (working on the ground = lots of beer and sore knees)

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ouch. Probably 4-6 hours.

I'm assuming that's if you have the right tools... which i dont...

It's not that hard my brother and I ... Mainly me cuz he just held the tools but it took 2.5 if u know what your doing ... But I replaced the rivits with bolts.... And the rivit in between the stabilizer bar and bulk head is a son of gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i was looking, they are monsters! i think i'm just going to take it to the dealer...

XM $15k
TSS kit $9k
Grip and Rip kit $165 lol

SHHHH dont tell me that! i'm so depressed right now

I just did mine and it was about the 4 hour mark and I have all the tools and it was easy. just remember to get enough bolts and nuts and rivits to install the new one and replace you A-arm bushings while your there. I did it on a hoist so I was standing up for the complete job so that was nice... would be a bear on the ground I would think. (working on the ground = lots of beer and sore knees)

yeah i hoisted it up and everything but i winced at the possibility so.... imma avoid the job :)

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a air rivit gun if you want to borrow makes the job a lot easier and easy. Let me know can meet you just need air. Good luck

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a easy job and would help you out if you would like.... the only rivits you put back in are for the plastic and the big rivits are easy to knock off. the six or so large rivits around the upper support are a breeze to knock off and they were the hardest part. every thing else really does fall apart and its kind of funny how we hammer the sleds and there so weak at certain parts

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a easy job and would help you out if you would like.... the only rivits you put back in are for the plastic and the big rivits are easy to knock off. the six or so large rivits around the upper support are a breeze to knock off and they were the hardest part. every thing else really does fall apart and its kind of funny how we hammer the sleds and there so weak at certain parts

I took it in.... the guy at the dealer said he'd be nice haha, he also said he's going to replace all the rivets with bolts. Thanks for the offer though, that and i dont really have time to do it this week (too much work to do...)

Last edited:

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i bent my S module AND E module... YAY no sledding for me this weekend. on the upside i am happy i took it in, i wouldnt have known it was bent so...

gopherchoker

Reaction score
Tweaked my s mod. L.h. Ski was 2" back. With some 3" ratchet straps and a block of wood and a big hammer. Straightened her out. Might still change it out this summer but got 400 miles on it since the repair and no issues

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size of bolts did u folks use metric or standard? Stainless?

Top Bottom