How much can ya make with a dealership?

509rev

Reaction score
Hey guys,

First off, i know not a lot of posting goes on here, but i thought what the heck. Not sure if im gonna make Med school or not, little too much :beer: possibly? :d. School aint getting any cheaper, and i could get my business degree within the next two years and I had a question for any one who knows anything about owning a dealership. What kinda salary would i be lookin at and is there any projected growth for this business, or is it shrinking? How hard is it to start one? Thanks.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Hey guys,

First off, i know not a lot of posting goes on here, but i thought what the heck. Not sure if im gonna make Med school or not, little too much :beer: possibly? :d. School aint getting any cheaper, and i could get my business degree within the next two years and I had a question for any one who knows anything about owning a dealership. What kinda salary would i be lookin at and is there any projected growth for this business, or is it shrinking? How hard is it to start one? Thanks.

Well, I cannot answer your question, because there isnt an answer...

IF you are a GOOD dealer, I think the profits would be endless...lots of hard work and dedication. Also economy will play a HUGE part, and sorry to say, but the US economy right now is about as bad as its gonna get, but still seems to be getting worse somehow...

Dealership or any business...same answer, you will get out of it what you put into it...Bust your azz and you will do well. However, if you were the azz busting type, you wouldnt be worried about making med school either LOL

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Hey guys,

First off, i know not a lot of posting goes on here, but i thought what the heck.

Firstly I agree with Longhorn. Treat your customers good, provide good products, competitive pricing, good aftermarket accessories and clothing, support clubs and local associations and people may come knocking. Also dont go to an area where there is too many of the same brand dealers.

Secondly, Im surprised by your first comment, we have between 1500 - 4500 posts per day, with over 120000 unique visitors every day as well.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Firstly I agree with Longhorn. Treat your customers good, provide good products, competitive pricing, good aftermarket accessories and clothing, support clubs and local associations and people may come knocking. Also dont go to an area where there is too many of the same brand dealers.

Secondly, Im surprised by your first comment, we have between 1500 - 4500 posts per day, with over 120000 unique visitors every day as well.

sorry i haven't been posting as much lately RON, count is down a little. :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think he was talking about the Washington section chief. site is kicking butt....:beer:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca

Thanks Ron,

I think what he meant by his comment was referring to the 'Washington' section not having a lot of posts...as least thats how I took it LOL

Snorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can make it fly, but as said before, there isn't really a "set" amount to make or lose. If you are top notch, you'll have people driving past other dealers to go to you. Look at westside, they are the closest dealer to me, and I'll happily drive right past them everytime, unless i need like a window gromet or hood tiedown IF they have em.

You can make it fly but you are basically going to be married to it. Just don't let the service of customers(in parts and the shop) drop and word of mouth will bring in a lot of new customers.

Top Bottom