How many toys have you imported from US?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know how many sleds, cars, trucks, quads the snowandmud members have been importing in the last year from the US - seems to be a lot!

My own list is
-07 Skidoo Summit 800R
-03 Vertical Escape 800 159
-07 Yamaha Apex Mountain
-08 Yamaha Nytro Mountain
-02 Porsche Boxster S
-07 Nissan Armada

Am I in the lead - also anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can bring in?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious to know how many sleds, cars, trucks, quads the snowandmud members have been importing in the last year from the US - seems to be a lot!

My own list is
-07 Skidoo Summit 800R
-07 Yamaha Apex Mountain
-02 Porsche Boxster S
-07 Nissan Armada

Am I in the lead - also anyone know if there is a limit to how many you can bring in?

you can only sell 6 vehicles per year before its considered a business,, it may have changed,,,
but I am not sure how many you can import? good question???

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

My own list is
-07 Skidoo Summit 800R
-07 Yamaha Apex Mountain
-02 Porsche Boxster S
-07 Nissan Armada

I would be careful what you post on the matter, there are limits, and if you are bringing in vehicles to resell ( advertising in your sig, for example....) you could bring down a whole lotta trouble on yourself. Unless of course you are running a legit business and paying taxes on any profits, fees to dealers associations, etc.

I spoke with a lady at the AMVIC (Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council ) she said that it may be condisered reasonable to bring in a vehicle every 4 mos. or so for personal use, but if you are selling a few things at a time you may be asking for it.

Not trying to be a dick, but don't think other people aren't reading these boards.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't you still have job? Get to work.

I am working - at the ladies barrel racing finals here in Camrose. You would think being the token male in amongst 800 ladies would be fun - but there is way too much estrogen here. This is day 3 - thank goodness for Blacberry devices with internet.

You buying my car or Nytro?

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be careful what you post on the matter, there are limits, and if you are bringing in vehicles to resell ( advertising in your sig, for example....) you could bring down a whole lotta trouble on yourself. Unless of course you are running a legit business and paying taxes on any profits, fees to dealers associations, etc.

I spoke with a lady at the AMVIC (Alberta Motor Vehicle Industry Council ) she said that it may be condisered reasonable to bring in a vehicle every 4 mos. or so for personal use, but if you are selling a few things at a time you may be asking for it.

Not trying to be a dick, but don't think other people aren't reading these boards.

Good advice - I still have many of the imports. The Armada is my wife's, i have owned the Polaris for a year etc etc. I think it is a great way to ride for free for the year though. How many toys have you owned and lost your shirt with depreciation. This way you can ride for free for the year if you sell close to what you paid for.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

DAMN FA WKING AMVIC, they are losers and I hope they read this, I have been in the car industry well before these losers came to place,

its pretty sad the lady you talked could not even give you a definate answer, kinda sad from someone who is suposed to help the industry. so what is the law, is she just speaking for fun?

I would not put much value to anything they say, they are not accurate in many cases, speaking from experience with lawyers.
the People who started it and most the people involved are losers from the industry who could NOT MAKE IT, so they decide to hop the fence and beat on dealers, and yes some dealers need to be watched, but again proof in the pudding with this lady not able to give a direct answer

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

My own list is
-07 Skidoo Summit 800R
-07 Yamaha Apex Mountain
-02 Porsche Boxster S
-07 Nissan Armada

What kinda of prices did you pay?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just one so far, my Kingcat, but a newer diesel truck might be in my future.

Scottishpride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never was good with the "pens" and "paper" and the whole "thinking" thing. i could never figure something like that out:):)

dragonlady

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know my 2005 escalade came from the states, new 90 thousand, me paid 30 thousand.It was going for 40 but it was my dads friend so he gave me a deal.
checked here and its about 50-60 plus thousand right now, thats two years old and with 90 thousand k on it. My aunt just bought the same escalade here in Canada. both leather, hers doesn't have the navigation or tvs in it and she has 105 thousand k......she pais 42,500 for hers.After compairing them beside on of another....she wants mine now. LOL.
Mine was bought in Arizona

Last edited:

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com

My own list is
-07 Skidoo Summit 800R
-07 Yamaha Apex Mountain
-02 Porsche Boxster S
-07 Nissan Armada

I brink alot of things across..... boats, fifth wheels, sled trailers, bikes, the list goes on. I've never had a problem, but I also cross with a TN Visa, so there is never a question on why I am running back and forth!!!

What the boxster for? I've never been able to figure out what anybody would want one for!!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
boxsters are wife cars!

My father in law saya the biggest problem with the Boxster is that you have to spend the first hour explaining to all your buddies why you didn't buy the 911.

If you've never driven one you should - the 'S' model is all Porsche - a real drivers car. It's not a bmw Z3.

G

Guest1

My father in law saya the biggest problem with the Boxster is that you have to spend the first hour explaining to all your buddies why you didn't buy the 911. If you've never driven one you should - the 'S' model is all Porsche - a real drivers car. It's not a bmw Z3.

Doesn't matter what model...the BOXSTER is for GAYS and GALS...LOL.

OVER!!!

ps...HOLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! JBB how is the new DAD doing?

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
My father in law saya the biggest problem with the Boxster is that you have to spend the first hour explaining to all your buddies why you didn't buy the 911.

If you've never driven one you should - the 'S' model is all Porsche - a real drivers car. It's not a bmw Z3.

I wouln't drive either..... Unless the Z3 or the 911 come in a shortbox crew cab style. preferably diesel!!

Top Bottom