How many times have you swamped your quad?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have swamped my foreman once, what a pain, the oil turns all white and you have about 3 times too much in the crankcase, packing spare oil would be a good idea. However those other quads that have no drain plug in their transmission case are not so much fun either.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Twice to my grizzly. Robb poker rally 07 & 09 both times at the end of the day washing up in the river.
Here's a pic of the latest swamping as it happened. Stupid thing is I watch 2 other guys hit the same rock before me
4ac696fe-c799-43ec.jpg

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old 500 sportsman a swamped like 5 times and it really didn't care to much bump her over and she would fire right up, But the new 850 got swamped once this summer and it was a lot work back at camp in the rain to flush everthing and get her running again. defenatly ain't fun.

Born2Ride

Reaction score
Swamping your quad, if you are packing along an extra litre of oil, sure hope you are packing along a container to pack out the used oil. Just saying

Also washing your machine in the river at the end of the days ride - whats wrong with the car wash at home, these actions are just wrecking it for the people that want areas to still be open for ATV access to our kids. Wont be long and you will have to find a different creek to wash your quad off in as that area will get closed down and then next and the next.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
twice on this particular day....

swamped.jpg

swamped2.jpg

I've lost count of how many times, the foreman, the moto-4, the breeze, hell even the ttr125 was swamped once....

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swamping your quad, if you are packing along an extra litre of oil, sure hope you are packing along a container to pack out the used oil. Just saying

Also washing your machine in the river at the end of the days ride - whats wrong with the car wash at home, these actions are just wrecking it for the people that want areas to still be open for ATV access to our kids. Wont be long and you will have to find a different creek to wash your quad off in as that area will get closed down and then next and the next.

PLEASE DON'T START THIS CHIT AGAIN. WE ALL KNOW ALL READY. DON'T RUIN ANOTHER GOOD THREAD. THE HORSE IS DEAD LEAVE IT ALONE.:nono:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just once kind of..... then came the snorkles.... and never have since...

GWNBrute

Reaction score
swamped mine once and it turned out to be very expensive so I decided to snorkel, best insurance for the money you spend.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
came close once but gonna snorkel my exhaust just incase lol added insurance

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Suzuki ATV CTV are piss poor design always taking on water, sure there is a plug to drain the CTV. But by that time the belt is soaked and the chit gets into the clutch, snorkeling is the only way to go, for this fix.

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Suzuki ATV CTV are piss poor design always taking on water, sure there is a plug to drain the CTV. But by that time the belt is soaked and the chit gets into the clutch, snorkeling is the only way to go, for this fix.

swamped mine once and it turned out to be very expensive so I decided to snorkel, best insurance for the money you spend.

just once kind of..... then came the snorkles.... and never have since...

I think I am going to go rite now to buy a snorkel.....:hemiCoupe:.... or a least before spring...:xmas-smiley-005:

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to go rite now to buy a snorkel.....:hemiCoupe:.... or a least before spring...:xmas-smiley-005:

Build your own custom set up. Cheaper and so much cooler looking. MudInMyBlood has a whole section dedicated to snorkels.

But I've never swamped the brute never even closer actually. The little 350 got floated down the Clearwater river(one of the shallow spots) about 10 feet. Required a little drainage.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my quad floats in deep water, and the snorkel and dielectric grease keeps me safe in the sticky stuff. ive only run into problems when it flips upside down while floating. my addiction to mud and water did bite me when i short circuted all of my electrical, rectifier, optimizer, computer and wiring harness...

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only swamped my Brute once, it was snorkeled before the next ride afterwards. Just waiting for the engine to go due to water damage then it's getting a BBK

Top Bottom