How many times have you swamped your quad?

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hopefully won't happen since I just put snorkels on my Brute 750.

jgonie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea im scared to get water in the brute motor, thats whats making me want to do a exhaust snorkel just in case, but it looks kind of goofy,

GWNBrute

Reaction score
a buddy of mine swamp his mud pro through the muffler, his plug boot came loose and the second he hit the water she shut down. It wasn't bad to get going again about 1hr time and couple of beer

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to go rite now to buy a snorkel.....:hemiCoupe:.... or a least before spring...:xmas-smiley-005:

Less than $90 in parts and about 3 hrs to install. This was after a buddy drown it, about the same labor and more money than the snorkels to get it running again.

Attachments

• DSC01775 (Medium).JPG
    DSC01775 (Medium).JPG
    78 KB · Views: 196
  • DSC01776 (Medium).jpg
    DSC01776 (Medium).jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 193
  • DSC01780 (Medium).jpg
    DSC01780 (Medium).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 198

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it looks like it`s over 4 "deep i cut down 30 or 40 trees and build a bridge......
However i am not an engineer .

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swamped my griz so many times, I gotta do a complete rebuild, crank up lol I did snorkle it, but was still having issues. Turns out water was gettin in the carb. So in the process of trouble shooting I swamped it several more times and now it has a knock. Oh well, I needed a project anyway.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did my foreman 450 like 3 times not fun but the worst one was on my trx450r when i cleaned up after supper thought i would go down to the river throw a line in sit back and have a beer then all of a sudden i took my 450 into the river to the good spot then before i know it me and my quad were floating about 7 feet down the river up past the handle bars past water then i hit a not so deep spot lol not a fun day i changed my oil 6 times still was white so i filled up my crank with diesel then it was good lol

xrsrev

Reaction score
Im sure anyone who has been to Hells Half Acre has come around a corner and swamped their quad! I wont be next year with the lift kit and snorkel! :):)

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
more times then i like to count if i remember corectly i swaped it three times in one day at the camp out only had to change oil once but it still hurts the pride when you holler out "ill show you how its done" vroom...blurp blurp
thankfully i had the camera at the time so no pictures where taken

Ignatious

Reaction score
I Sunk my grizz once, we were out playing in the river valleys by the north sask river. I hit a sink hole and and was over the handle bars before i knew it. Saved it, cleaned it up drained all the fluids put fresh stuff in and it ran like nothing happend. A year later my brother borrowed it with out asking while i was working up north. Went out with his buddies figured it was super grizzly tried crossing a creek swamped it... The dumb asses tried starting it with out draining anything or looking for water :nono: and killed it... Little Bastard still owes me a quad :mad:.

Cranes10

Reaction score
I Sunk my grizz once, we were out playing in the river valleys by the north sask river. I hit a sink hole and and was over the handle bars before i knew it. Saved it, cleaned it up drained all the fluids put fresh stuff in and it ran like nothing happend. A year later my brother borrowed it with out asking while i was working up north. Went out with his buddies figured it was super grizzly tried crossing a creek swamped it... The dumb asses tried starting it with out draining anything or looking for water :nono: and killed it... Little Bastard still owes me a quad :mad:.

Not that your holding a grudge or anything..

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost did mine couple times( Grizz 700 now 778), buddy has done his Grizz( 700) like 6 times, another did his forman more then that and his new 800r couple also.

Top Bottom