How many run sound systems in their UTV

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to purchase a clarion marine head unit and some good 6.5"speakers and install them in my rhino.I have done a fair bit of research and will build my own speaker pods out of dog dish bowls and mount them to the roof.The head unit will be mounted in the dash and is very waterproof as it has a rubber sealed face plate that swings up .I am also looking at the RCA jacks that fit in the back and have a rubber sealed grommet to plug in my ipod and sirius that is mounted in the dash also.Price for the head unit speakers and jack is around $500 with tax.I am shying away from the amp ipod idea as there is no decent place to mount the amp and they are not very waterproof.If u have any other ideas let me know thanks!

Buddman27

Reaction score
I think that sounds good but I wanted to stay away from a head unit. I went with the MP3 straight to the amp. actually anything with a 3.5 mm headphone out will work. Sattelite radio etc.. I had it made by Dunertues and it all fits perfectly. Marine Amp and marine 6x9. Handles the mud holes and the trail perfectly. Lots of power. No problem hearing at WOT with helmets on.

Attachments

• Photo_051709_001.jpg
    Photo_051709_001.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Photo_053009_005.jpg
    Photo_053009_005.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 320

hammer396

Reaction score
I agree, amp with an Ipod or any MP3 player, I have an older amp that fit in my glove box, then ran a line to the MP3, works great....

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that sounds good but I wanted to stay away from a head unit. I went with the MP3 straight to the amp. actually anything with a 3.5 mm headphone out will work. Sattelite radio etc.. I had it made by Dunertues and it all fits perfectly. Marine Amp and marine 6x9. Handles the mud holes and the trail perfectly. Lots of power. No problem hearing at WOT with helmets on.
Awsome pics I never thought of mounting the amp up under the roof,that is an awsome idea

new24stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I,m going with 2 Wake Tower speakers and a 10" sub in between the seats.Just building a encloser under the rear seats for the amps.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best system I've found out there is the Mammoth Sound System. I looked and researched alot of the systems available and priced out making one. I purchased this one for the Rzr and they have them for all side by side. It is 100% water proof and it comes with two amps, and two different pods to mount behind the seats. It has 8 speakers in total and pumps out good sound. Im very impressed. Also plugs right into you ipod or sat radio. Has two volume controls one for driver and one for passanger. I just pressure washed my machine today and listened to tunes while doing it. For more information contact Riverside Yamaha/Suzuki in St. Albert.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up all of my gear today for my sound system.I purchased a clarion marine amp[340w] and some good quality kenwood 6.5" speakers plus all the hardware incl a separate volume control,all the wire,fuse and blockplus 2 ss dog dishs for the speakers.Total cost with tax was a tad under $550.Now all I need is a day off to mount everything.The car audio shop[Andres] was very helpfull and gave me lots of insite plus they will finish anything I can't figure out and tune the sound.Glad I bought local as they were very helpfull and can't wait to hear AC DC rocking thru my rhino.I hope the deer like the sound when I come after them soon

utvcanada

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
UTV Canada currently distributes the SSV Works sound systems and UTV Concepts sound systems. SSV Works has modular marine grade systems for all UTV makes and models, whereas UTV Concepts only has products for the RZR (currently unavailable though), Rhino and Teryx. UTV Concepts products are all overhead mount, are Ipod & MP3 friendly and easy to install.

SSV Works builds the most powerful 2 or 4 speaker systems in 6.5" or 6"x9" speakers that fit into custom molded boxes that fit in your footwells and box corners. You can also add the 10" subwoofers and choose from 200, 500 or 800 watt amps. All systems run from your IPod or MP3 player and have dash mounted volume control knobs. You can also get the steering wheel mounted remote control for volume and track changing on the fly.

Check out both systems on our website at Welcome to UTV Canada and check our dealer locator for a dealer near you!

gmac

Reaction score
I run sirius sat radio in mine, nothing beats rockin the tunes with a beer driving down the trails.

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got my sound system installed here are some pics. Glad I went with the ipod and the amp, this sound system rocks.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you guys running amps and multiple speakers running an aux. battery to take the load of the charging system? Heard it can pull a load and cause issues. Cant see it worse than a winch unless you have it cranked for along period of time.
I like listening to the local FM channels, will have to see if MP3 or Ipods have FM capabilities, probably only 2 blocks from the radio station?
Have an alpine deck sitting around but dont want to install it if it only going to crap out in a short time from moisture or dust.
Get my new Graphite Ranger Crew next week and want a better system than the POS mammoth I had in my Rhino.
Any advice on speaker location, below the dash or above the head? what gives better stable sound, with the mammoth seemed like my hand was on the volume more than the steering wheel and was driving away from the sound with the speakers behind my head.
Thanks for any idea and opinions

snowtractor

Reaction score
i have a clarion marine head unti in my rhino and marine speakers its great got ipod and usb stick and sat radio if i want cant justify the subscription though

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you find the sound better down by your feet under the dash or above your head while travelling.

Puffer99

Reaction score
I run a small VDP amp in the glove box, came with Ipod hookup and volume control, and 2 6" Marine speakers. Works awesome for $150. Can still hear it at WOT.

Puffer99

Reaction score
Do you find the sound better down by your feet under the dash or above your head while travelling.

I haven't heard any with the speakers down by your feet, but think riding in the mud would kill them quick. Sounds great mounted to the roof.

Top Bottom