How many miles before you had a issue?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tmo's panties got in a bunch when he was stirring his Doo-laid too vigorously a few months back. Been a whiny hard ass on Poo ever since. True story.

2000kms on mine- one issue with a bad jack shaft bearing and

4280kms on my husbands 2012- had to service the shocks and VES valves.

Big Whoop...

He doesn't drink Doo-laid, he drinks Cat piss.

Dude, don't know what your riding buddies do to their sleds, but the only issue I've had with a Pro while out riding is mine had a TPS sensor go on the trail out on the last day of a trip, and a buddy couldn't get his hood closed, because he ran into a tree!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo Laid.....? I dont even own a doo and never have owned a doo, If you can remeber correctly, not sure if u can at ur old age, I actually had a Pro demo for this entire season free of charge and was really looking forward to it as I was strongly thinking of buying one, until I rode the hunk of junk. Kindly gave it back and never wanted to take it again. Every time I have rode with a polaris this year it has resulted in a break down......, well except one day when we just rode out to one our warm up shacks around here, but he blew his motor sky high a month later with just over a 1000 miles on it. Way to many premature problems with these sleds and its getting to the point that I dont even want to venture into the backcountry with anyone on these things as it is causing way to much work for the rest of us when we gotta spend hours just trying to get them to the parking lot again. You call a bad jack shaft bearing a big whoop? It coulda been a huge problem. I seem to remeber you bitching cause you werent gonna have your sled fixed under warranty in time for your "girls ride" and had to pay out of pocket to get it in time......... but keep singing their praises because they are "AWESOME" what a joke. As for doo, all I have ever said is that it is a far superior sled than the pro, but I am not a doo guy, not by a long shot

Well I stand corrected tmo####!! It's just that you sound sooo much like those DOO whiners: my mistake and I apologize. (I didn't really forget, its just that I have never gave two chits long enough to take note of what you ride ;) ) I might actually be old and forgetful, but what's your excuse for being crotchety and negative in 98% of your posts??? And don't say Polaris, cuz only you can change you ... Besides, you are riding a Cat now, you should be smiling. They are great machines :)

As for the issue I had, it was more to do with crappy dealer service rather than the machine. Trust me, the Cat dealer here couldn't/wouldn't have done any better. In all reality, our machines have a crapload of miles on them with little to complain about. If I did have one thing to say about the Poo's, it is that they are lacking power and I hope they get their ducks in a row and step up in the horsepower department.

Last edited:

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i did was post what happened this weekend, and what has been happening all year, these guys dont do anything different with their sleds then i do, they should be lasting longer

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you see tmo1620 make a post in the polaris section you just know it's going to be full of useful information. You must be a hardcore rider if you're listing an adjustable riser in your signature. Why don't you just tell me what brand to buy so I can save the pain and anguish of determining what the best sled is myself?

clay923

Reaction score
1200miles later sled is awsome, just checked tps and set to factory specs and set throttle cable, installed new primary spring as old one was starting to coil bound.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you see tmo1620 make a post in the polaris section you just know it's going to be full of useful information. You must be a hardcore rider if you're listing an adjustable riser in your signature. Why don't you just tell me what brand to buy so I can save the pain and anguish of determining what the best sled is myself?

What, does a guy have to have an $25000 turbo'd sled that he sits on down at the lake drinking beer and riding the same spots as everyone else to be a hardcore rider, gimme a break, not saying don't buy one just stating facts and things that happened on our trips, maybe Ill lie to make you poo die hards happy, here ya go 2 pros with us this past weekend they climbed higher, went deeper into the trees than everyone and had no problems whatsoever, also they pulled cats and doos out everyday we rode because they broke down trying to follow the pro's into the gnar.......lmao

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What, does a guy have to have an $25000 turbo'd sled that he sits on down at the lake drinking beer and riding the same spots as everyone else to be a hardcore rider, gimme a break, not saying don't buy one just stating facts and things that happened on our trips, maybe Ill lie to make you poo die hards happy, here ya go 2 pros with us this past weekend they climbed higher, went deeper into the trees than everyone and had no problems whatsoever, also they pulled cats and doos out everyday we rode because they broke down trying to follow the pro's into the gnar.......lmao
Well, now we know you are lying. The bumpers would have broken.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i did was post what happened this weekend, and what has been happening all year, these guys dont do anything different with their sleds then i do, they should be lasting longer

Well you must be either a bad omen or a saboteur as you have obviously not had one ride that the hunka junk poo's made it back to the stable!!! keep us posted as to where your riding and on what days so we poo riders can avoid them!!!

Not sure what miles are on my junk 13 pro, gotta be 800 - 900 miles now and it has not so much as burped!!! We ride with several poo's and have not too many issues... one belt (running a turbo) and one drive shaft before the bandaide clamp arrived!! However there are a couple of Cats in our group and run into a couple on the side of the trail in need of tools!!! It's not all bad...my tools in my little tool kit were getting pretty rusty!!! I know seems weird huh.. lol... them there cat guys have them clean up nicely!!! soooo your point is???

Moving right along.... I do believe the thread title is "How many miles before 'you' had an issue?" and as that is a direct question, and we are in the Poo section, so one could only assume that it is addressing those that ride the poo junk!!!

GT500john

Reaction score
I have not had one once of trouble with my pro, 1000km and not one hiccup. Been out with doos and cats and no problems with there's either. Must be a certain few that are having problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Warhawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Back on topic 2012 pro rmk800 155 1838miles tps adjustment at 785. Readjust throttle cable slack 2 times in those 1838miles. Checked oil consumption thru all last year worked out to be 45-1 47-1 with my style of driving. Cleaned power valves at end of last year and will clean them again this year. On second belt as first one was just plain old worn out, 400 of these miles were not done in the mountains. I do a full grease on suspension after every trip, blow out clutch dust after every trip, always take a general look and just drive it. Did the same thing with my other sleds I use to own My 2011 Swback Assault has 3148 miles as of today and Is on its 3rd belt again just worn out. TPS was checked at 2500and was within spec but I wanted a faster idle so got them to adjust it to the high side of the spec. Ex valves have been cleaned 2 times and will be cleaned again this year. All Shocks will be rebuilt this year as well I do a full grease on suspension after every trip, blow out clutch dust after every trip, always take a general look and just drive it. Did the same thing with my cats and my doo. Have bent a arm once no other damage, replaced 2 idler wheel bearings. BOTH sleds have been great. SWBACk is going to get opened up this summer and checked. It will get what ever it needs to keep it going. This is my Sask sled and it gets beat HARD.

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it just happened! Just dropped a piston skirt and took out the bottom end today. Was just about an hour into the ride and the motor blew up with no warning whatso ever. Pieces in the bellypan so it opened a window in the bottom end, found pieces of the piston skirt. Had about 1400 miles on with no issues at all. Premix my fuel with half ounce of oil per gallon, turned up the oiler at the start of the year and rum amsoil interceptor oil. Run chevron 94 non ethanol fuel from the same station for the last 3 years. and always add polaris fuel de icer with every tank. I baby this motor. Always warmup before take off either cold or hot. Not sure whats up with these polaris motors but it makes me wonder if I will take another chance after 2 motors in 3 years in 2 different sleds. One cost me a $1200 helicopter ride that they do not cover.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it just happened! Just dropped a piston skirt and took out the bottom end today. Was just about an hour into the ride and the motor blew up with no warning whatso ever. Pieces in the bellypan so it opened a window in the bottom end, found pieces of the piston skirt. Had about 1400 miles on with no issues at all. Premix my fuel with half ounce of oil per gallon, turned up the oiler at the start of the year and rum amsoil interceptor oil. Run chevron 94 non ethanol fuel from the same station for the last 3 years. and always add polaris fuel de icer with every tank. I baby this motor. Always warmup before take off either cold or hot. Not sure whats up with these polaris motors but it makes me wonder if I will take another chance after 2 motors in 3 years in 2 different sleds. One cost me a $1200 helicopter ride that they do not cover.

Wat yr sled?

rydemx

Reaction score
Going on 4 weeks now and my pro is still in the shop waiting for Polaris bs warranty approval . There has been 10 pics sent so far and they want more now . Polaristar warranty is a joke . They look for anything they can as an out . I've been having a blast riding a buddies 11' cat for the past few weeks and it sure does have a pile more power then these junk motor pro problems . Nothing like a popcan built sled with a ch!t motor . Oh but there so Flickable !! What a joke

DAVID_PRO

Reaction score
2011 Pro RMK with 1000 miles on it. Driving up the trail a crank bearing went. Last poo i will ever ride.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2012 Assault w/2600 miles:

• Replaced first belt at 1600 miles, as the original was narrowed up, but never blew a chord.
  • 2200 miles - developed an intermittent bog - changed fuel filter, cleaned power valves and ran a can of Seafoam through it, and it's 110% again

• 2250 miles - read too much about piston failure, so I thought I may be running on borrowed time; so I put in a set of RK Tek stock replacement pistons. Stocker were still almost new, no cylinder skirt damage, but the RK's deliver more power :D
  • 2100 miles - changed the chain and gears - preventative maintenance.
  • Time for some bushings and rod ends in the steering and suspension, but that is normal wear and tear in my opinion.
I would say my success is due to a regular maintenance schedule, preventative maintenance and proper warm-up etc... Everyone should thumb through a service manual and look at the maintenance schedule on these machines...I bet most people don't do 15% of what is suggested:)

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have always maintained my sleds. The only thing I didnt do was change the fuel filter at 1000miles and now the dealer is saying that it was plugged and caused the skirt to break and take out the bottom end.

Was that the first time you changed the fuel filter.....at 2200 miles? I have just under 1400 on my pro and it showed no signs of a plugged filter, ie. hesitation, hard starting, poor idle. I dont believe this is what caused the skirt to break.

Always warm up before take off cold or hot, never start and pin the throttle until temp stabilize. Did regular compression checks and looked at tops of piston and at the cyl with fibre scope. New belt this year just because and regular greasing of suspension and check track tension every few rides. Only use 94 non ethanol fuel from the same station every ride and always premix with 1/2 oil per gallon and turned up the oil pump at the start of the year. Started to use almost 1/2 litre of oil per tank of fuel more after I did that.

I am a mechanic by trade with 2 different tickets, and over service all my toys . This went for no apparant reason. Pulled strong and never missed a beat from day ! until it blew up.

Polaris is putting a complete new motor in as this one is destroyed. Seriously thinking about the new 2014 cat.........never have owned anything but polaris for the past 18 years but after 2 motors in 3 years in my last 2 (bought brand new) sleds I need to know I can get back out of the mountains. Really hate saying that but maybe time for a change.

2012 Assault w/2600 miles:

• Replaced first belt at 1600 miles, as the original was narrowed up, but never blew a chord.
  • 2200 miles - developed an intermittent bog - changed fuel filter, cleaned power valves and ran a can of Seafoam through it, and it's 110% again

• 2250 miles - read too much about piston failure, so I thought I may be running on borrowed time; so I put in a set of RK Tek stock replacement pistons. Stocker were still almost new, no cylinder skirt damage, but the RK's deliver more power :D
  • 2100 miles - changed the chain and gears - preventative maintenance.
  • Time for some bushings and rod ends in the steering and suspension, but that is normal wear and tear in my opinion.
I would say my success is due to a regular maintenance schedule, preventative maintenance and proper warm-up etc... Everyone should thumb through a service manual and look at the maintenance schedule on these machines...I bet most people don't do 15% of what is suggested:)

sketch96

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that was 1/2 oz of oil per gallon of gas!
I have always maintained my sleds. The only thing I didnt do was change the fuel filter at 1000miles and now the dealer is saying that it was plugged and caused the skirt to break and take out the bottom end.

Was that the first time you changed the fuel filter.....at 2200 miles? I have just under 1400 on my pro and it showed no signs of a plugged filter, ie. hesitation, hard starting, poor idle. I dont believe this is what caused the skirt to break.

Always warm up before take off cold or hot, never start and pin the throttle until temp stabilize. Did regular compression checks and looked at tops of piston and at the cyl with fibre scope. New belt this year just because and regular greasing of suspension and check track tension every few rides. Only use 94 non ethanol fuel from the same station every ride and always premix with 1/2 oil per gallon and turned up the oil pump at the start of the year. Started to use almost 1/2 litre of oil per tank of fuel more after I did that.

I am a mechanic by trade with 2 different tickets, and over service all my toys . This went for no apparant reason. Pulled strong and never missed a beat from day ! until it blew up.

Polaris is putting a complete new motor in as this one is destroyed. Seriously thinking about the new 2014 cat.........never have owned anything but polaris for the past 18 years but after 2 motors in 3 years in my last 2 (bought brand new) sleds I need to know I can get back out of the mountains. Really hate saying that but maybe time for a change.

Froglegs

Reaction score
500 miles got water in tps replaced under warrenty 12 pro 600

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom