how many DET lights a day?

sledhead306

Reaction score
took my pro out today... best its ever ran... only like the DET lights 26 times... five lbs boost, only hits the det at 6500 with one or two lbs boost while side hilling... convenient

Bonebreaker

Reaction score
I just installed my BD turbo on my 11 pro. Had my.maiden voyage today. Ran 3 gallons of 100LL avgas rode @ 3000-4500 ft. No tuning at all, no det no tuning @4-5 lbs.

sledhead306

Reaction score
silber kit...only dets when you just start to make boost on a green blue light... running five lbs boost 91 pump with 32 oz torco....tried straight av same thing... never dets under full boost

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brothers does the same thing, doesn't matter what fuel ether, under full boost its fine its rolling into it or cruising in a field it dets when you hit the gas. Anyone know a way to add fuel for high speed cruise type of riding? straight av gas at 10 lbs of boost no det, same fuel at lower boost rolling through the field when you get back on det...

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brothers is a 2012 silber kit on a 2011. Riding at 2500'± (headed to vale this weekend to see how it does there) currently has 73g weights in the primary and will still hit rev limiter when you wick the throttle from a stop. Sled pulls 8350 at WO. yellow blue is set at 2, was at 4 but had a burble on the low end.
settings are:
Green:4
Yellow:4
Yellow blue:2
Green Blue:3
Red Blue:6
Red:4

CHRISTOPH

Reaction score
Brothers is a 2012 silber kit on a 2011. Riding at 2500'± (headed to vale this weekend to see how it does there) currently has 73g weights in the primary and will still hit rev limiter when you wick the throttle from a stop. Sled pulls 8350 at WO. yellow blue is set at 2, was at 4 but had a burble on the low end.
settings are:
Green:4
Yellow:4
Yellow blue:2
Green Blue:3
Red Blue:6
Red:4

thanks bro. ive read a bunch of the forms on here and on snowwest and have tried to tune it out with no luck.....seems to help if i crank up the green but then it runs like crap at slow speeds. Right now i'm running pretty rich at wot (10.8-11 on afr) if i try to turn down my blue green/ red the det problem gets worse. it runs great if i ride the piss out of it but when crusing around and varying the throttle it keeps deting. this is very annoying and i'm buring a ton of fuel since i have to keep it pinned or nothing to keep from going into det. i'm open to suggestions. Sled is located in the edmonton area and if someone wants to take it for a rip and help tune it your more than welcome. Thanks guys!!

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My advice, look on silbers website. Read and understand the tuning instructions inside and out. Understand them clearly, so when you tune, you know what's going on.
Start all over again. Tune your idle, green, yellow, red, etc... From scratch. This will make you familiar with the controller and what effect it has on the afr... Spend the time.
Add pyros to the system. Koso egt quick response is great, with dual pyros. Knowing what each cylinder is doing when det hits is crucial.
Tune with 50% premium, av gas... Then slowly remove premium fuel until straight A/V is used. Slowly adjusting controller to keep things right. By this time, you should know your controller pretty good
Last, make sure your running a e-timming key. They run so much better with them in.

sledhead306

Reaction score
ive been through his instructions... ive tried moving my lights everywhere and stuff... i will admit it does run good once you get boost at it... or if you are cruising below boost levels, but it just starts to go lean as soon as you get 1 or 2 psi of boost while still in a green cruising mode. where do you adjust that on the box? once the boost comes up and onto the red blue mode its ok... if i adjust the redblue mode lower i get a dirty bog... i really wish boost it would come in and educate me on how his fuel box works... or even a silber owner who has the new dobeck box with the two map sensors.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By adjusting the red blue lower, your turning your red on sooner. This will create the dirty bog your talking about.
However, remember that the red setting is full throttle setting. It's a fuel setting used to fine tune wot. It tunes in 1% fuel increments. Your green blue setting will allow the red to work, cancelling green and yellow. So adjust this first, as it allows 10% fuel increments, and is what really affect afr at wot. Green is used for cruise fuel, or no boost... So if your building 1psi boost, your green and yellow are starting to shut off. Going into boost mode.
Once this is set, play with yellow blue. It's a percentage of throttle,. It controls fuel at different areas on the throttle curve, so to speak. Allowing fuel to come on and off working as a whole.
Once it's giving good afr numbers at idle, and during green mode, jab throttle and see what afr is doing, then set wot, good luck. Maybe I confused you more.
Try the fuel mixture thing too. Read the website...

sledhead306

Reaction score
ive been through this.. i know exactly what your talkin about.. there is just one spot the mapping seems bad... as for yellow blue that is your accel/deccel pump. what type of riding do you do, what is your elevation, whats your box settings... mine are green 4.5 yellow 4 red 2 green blue 4 yellow blue 2 red blue 7. the more i go back to silbers stock settings the shittier it runs...

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride at about 4000-7000 ft. I'm not sure what my setting are exactly. But they seem close.
Try changing fuel brand? Does it have a bad det sensor? Maybe it's not in your turbo setup. And when you pin it, it fools the sensor...
Try calling Jarrod at absolute power and performance, in st Albert Alberta. I know he can help out. Hopefully he can give you advice. Just keep in mind he is a business.

sledhead306

Reaction score
thanks for the advice greatly appreciatted, im really trying to see how many people come out of the woodworks with this post and say they have this same issue, its funny how some people find these kits are flawless yet ive tried just about everything under the sun and seems to always be the same, im yet to try a different elevation tho.

turbo218

Reaction score
Another suggestion, make sure the air box or any other metal like object is not vibrating excessively against something to cause the DET to go off, check the exhaust pipe where it comes in close contact with the mag side power valve, sometimes when the engine torques the pipe will contact the outer edge of the valve causing DET, few easy things to check anyways.

Last edited:

CHRISTOPH

Reaction score
Sounds like our problems are similar. I'm off to vale this weekend and I'm curious to see how it does out there at elevation with some fresh 100LL :)

sledhead306

Reaction score
i checked the pipe and dinged it in and clearanced it around the front bumper support, the a frame bar and the valve. christoph what boost do you run in edmonton

CHRISTOPH

Reaction score
i checked mine over a few time and looks like everything is clear. Pipe shield and bulkhead are notched. The only thing i found was that my plugs were only finger tight probably due to the det. Another thing i noticed while i was looking under the hood was that my power valves seem to be dumping alot of fuel/oil out of the breather hose. could this have something to do with a high speed light throttle lean spot if the valves were sticking? i'm going to pull them off and have a look hopefully today. Sleadhead i'm running 5 lbs of boost on 50/50 av and 91 octane. perhaps my 91 has ethanol in it. would this make the sled more likely to det even with 50/50 av? Ive turned it up to around 7 lbs to see if the det got worse and it didnt seem to make any difference. The sled just pulled way harder :) but i turned it back down until i can get this sorted out. Also could someone please give me some advise on how to properly adjust my waste gate? it seems like I'm getting a boost spike when i punch it from a stand still, then it levels out to the desired boost. Thanks

sledhead306

Reaction score
mine does the exact same thing to a tee mine spikes the boost to up to seven lbs then down to five I've adjust ed my waste gate from an entire hole of preload ask three way back to an eighth of a hole pre load...never noticed much of a difference

Top Bottom