How is your spare tire mounted to your ENCLOSED trailer?

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I screwed a 2x6 to the wall and used spare tire holder similar to the one in the pic. In the v-nose, just inside the ramp door.

Attachments

• SpareTireHolder_3.jpg
    SpareTireHolder_3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 270

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i screwed a 2x6 to the wall and used spare tire holder similar to the one in the pic. In the v-nose, just inside the ramp door.

used one similar to this from princess auto and mounted on wall close to the floor so the weight of the tire is on the floor.... Less stress on the walls(i have enough mounted on the walls ;)

Grizzly4323

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Trails West has the spare in the floor. Worked good so far and out of the way.

Attachments

• Tire Pic.jpg
    Tire Pic.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 257

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is in the floor as well. Also have a second in floor compartment that is the same size, have the batteries and more storage in that one. I guess the downfall for me would be that I would have to move a sled if I required the spare. Hasn't been an issue yet, and I enjoy less clutter.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
used one similar to this from princess auto and mounted on wall close to the floor so the weight of the tire is on the floor.... Less stress on the walls(i have enough mounted on the walls ;)
Thanks. I forgot to mention that I added a heavy angle bracket that tire sits on. That was the main reason for the 2x6.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 30' Mirage Teton Sport trailer I own has the spare underslung under the trailer, similar to how pickup spares are mounted under the box. A little dry graphite lube on the winch at the start of the season ensures it actually will come down when needed.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had e track on mine mounted to the walls. I just used a ratchet strap to secure it.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My continental auto plus has a factory tire mount on the wall. You might be able to get one from a dealer or look at one to copy.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
My continental auto plus has a factory tire mount on the wall. You might be able to get one from a dealer or look at one to copy.

Yeah. I'm thinkin I'm gonna have to stop by my nearest enclosed dealer. Lucky for me, he's 2 blocks away. I also like Ric's idea of keeping it low. Even tho I hate having stuff take up floor space.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1447298463797.jpg

Like this. I'm not sure how its mounted to the wall though, but I like how it cradles the tire

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine to the outside of the frame in front of the electric jack.

Top Bottom