how is a 1994 vmax 600

dglionna

Reaction score
hey just wondering on how the power is on a 1994 yamaha vmax 600 twin... how fast are they whats the power like and how are they in powder with the long track on it..(136 by 1.5)

roadtech

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi I did own both the 94 and the 95 model, the clutching on the 94 was the old style closed face including the secondary, the speed was approx 115km/h with long track on radar the speedo indicated 125km/h. They had a tendency to inhale snow through the air box and scuff the piston, (600 for a jug 200 for rings an piston) there was a "dip snow" kit developed by Yamaha but the easy cheap way to fix the snow injestion was to block off the top of the air box and cut a hole in the front of the box and breath air in from under the hood this stopped the snow dust from entering the carbs.
The carbs did not like a fresh powder day, the snow dust could still get in under the hood, since the carbs were warm the snow would freeze onto the carbs and it would run very rich and poor, soooo Yamaha sold you another kit to block off all the front vents side vents to stop even more snow from getting under the hood. I could go on but I think you get the picture.
If you have the money to pick up a 1997 98 yamaha go there you will be a happy sledder.
Happy trails
Don

Top Bottom