How Far into the spring can I ride in Valemount

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a awesome season sleeding in Valemount again and finding it hard to call it done for the year, being from Fort Mcmurray I can only get down once a month to Vale, so with that saying I was hoping to get runs in as far into the spring or even summer as I can. I was told I could ride down there into June. It would be great if I could get some info as to how long I can ride down in Vale and where. I dont care if I have to drive my truck half way up the mountain or even bring my quad to tow a trailer up there!!! Thanks
:sled1:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If your not worried about snow I'm sure you could ride year round.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL.

The last few years have beeen awesome right until first week in june. After that forget it. Your limited to clemina from mid may to june but its a ton of fun in the spring. By june we are unloading on good snow at km 10-15.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL.

The last few years have beeen awesome right until first week in june. After that forget it. Your limited to clemina from mid may to june but its a ton of fun in the spring. By june we are unloading on good snow at km 10-15.

I will be all over that this year, how is the drive up to the 10-15km mark, does the road get sketchy or is it not bad, thanks for the info

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like a highway. Sometimes there is the odd snow patch in a shadowed corner but some big truck always blows through it lol.

JDmotorhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like a highway. Sometimes there is the odd snow patch in a shadowed corner but some big truck always blows through it lol.

Awesome, I can't wait to check it out, riding sleds in June........how cool is that:beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya ok sometimes there is an obstacle. june 20th.................never again..

4603_94004868111_515398111_1828662_3133714_n.jpg

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
If your riding late into spring... I recommend staying off any trails that have "family" in them... as those can be BY FAR..... the most dangerous of all riding areas.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Who the fawk puts a tree right in the middle of the trail anyway?
If your riding late into spring... I recommend staying off any trails that have "family" in them... as those can be BY FAR..... the most dangerous of all riding areas.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Ya really. Those trees are in MESSED up spots..... What if I decide to make MY trail where there is a tree? I think varda really needs to start taking better control.

Top Bottom