how easy can you drop a xp engine in a rev chasey?

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friend of mine road off his xp but the engine is fine how easy will it fit in a rev?

how about an etech in a rev chasis?would it be possible..they are the same motor but the crankcase and clutch...would take some know how for sure:tearhairout:

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my '07 has the '09 short block in it.... I didn't put it in myself the dealer did.... warranty job.... but it must work ok..... it sure runs good!! :d

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya mine is the 08-09 xp block... but they have different motor mounts.... also u have to have the wiring harness, coolant bottle, pipe, airbox , ecm ect.. from a 07 to make it work... i bought a bent nun-tunnel sled and swaped it all into my 04 chassis... works awsome...

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya mine is the 08-09 xp block... but they have different motor mounts.... also u have to have the wiring harness, coolant bottle, pipe, airbox , ecm ect.. from a 07 to make it work... i bought a bent nun-tunnel sled and swaped it all into my 04 chassis... works awsome...

Tex beat me to it, as he mentioned above.

brochu79

Reaction score
yes, the rev is a 2004. Was going to transfer all wiring, ecm etc. Just more or less asking if I have to make different motor mounts and how the clutches will brace?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no... should be the same mount and brace...

isn't the xp different in mounting and bracing.... u also need the bolts from the 800r... cause they have long tubes for mounts and not just the mount.... i couldn't use the 04 stuff

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
xp mounts completely different. not sure how you would make it work in the rev unless the same holes are already drilled for mounting the motor plate. enver looked.

Top Bottom