How does the Proclimb actually ride?

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Despite all the issues beat to death in the forums, which will hopefully be fixed for next year, I was just wondering how the new Proclimb chassis actually rides. Anyone get to ride all 3 brands and make some comparisons?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Havent riden one but from what ive seen they work pretty good,, i think they look pretty sharp too... the 1100turbos climb like crazy...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dude I rode with a couple of times smoked everyone on the trail up on his proclimb. Seemed to work well in the deep too, nobody else rode it though....

Newmanater90

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode all 3 and they are such a close comparison in my opinion. The polaris was set extremely stiff and rode like a lumber wagon but just cause of the set up. You cant beat a skidoo for ride. There is never a complaint about them. I have the proclimb m1100t 163" and i actually love it on the trails. My favorite part of the day is the rough trail ride down to the trailers at the end. Kinda dumb of me i know to buy a 163" if thats my fave but to be honest that turbo is so fun on the way down. Coming down renshaw racing a 2011 xp 154" side buy side the proclimb kills it. We are both ex pro snocross racers and needless to say his tipped out at 82mph and i still had a 1/4 throttle left. Pounding into the corners you can definetly tell the extra wieght on the proclimb but you get use to it.
At first the fox shocks seemed week and saggy but they seemed to get better.

In the end id ride them all with no complaints. Its what ever the better deal and rider preferance

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 1100t and like it alot(now with vert post), I had a chance to ride the Pro RMK and the Pro Climb 800 and both are great, throw an eye ball and away they go, very nibble. The PC has more power and better on the trail IMO but in the powder the Pro RMK is a little lighter but not anymore nimble IMO. I haven' tried the new Doo but a friend of mine did(we have the same riding likes/dislikes) and he said it was a lot more work to ride then the 2 Pro's. I've tried riding Doo before and could not wait to get off of them. I would take either Pro in a heart beat. With the first year glitches gone I don't think you could go wrong with a PC

Last edited:

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy rented a 163" 800 one day, I rode it for 10 minutes. I ride a 2012 pro rmk 800. The cat is definitely heavier! I found to carve the cat it responds VERY good to foot movements, not countersteer. It trenches more then the polaris but has more get up and go. It burns more gas thats for sure! My buddy said his was worse then his pro rmk on the trail, but it could be that it was set up with too much shock pressure.

Overall a great sled, I just think they need to be less nose heavy. I've owned a couple cats in the past and I have alot of faith in Suzuki motors. Can't go wrong with buying one!

trhaus

Reaction score
i love my 800 153. i think it and it does it. not the best on feul. i really miss the large feul opening. with the seat being so tall the transfers from side to side have to be more precise. my buddy has a 162 800 polaris and they are so close its awesome. to me the cat responds better to ride input and it more precise. the polaris feels looser and more forgiving with little mistakes in riding position.
i do have a want list for my sled that includes, larger feul opening, clear tank(get rid of electronic feul guage) more storage. but with that being said i do believe it is a big step in evolution for cat, way better than the m-chassis.

Top Bottom