How do you prepare for a ride?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you guys prepare for a ride?

The night before I try to focus on the neccesities. Are my gloves dry? Check my batteries, (for my beacon bogger :p) Make sure I have food for the muff pot, find the water bottles, check for gatorade. Make sure our clothing is set out, and all together. Check my backpack for supplies.

I'm super thankful. Drink looks after the sled stuff. He checks the oil and does any tweaking that needs to be done. (of the sleds Bogger).

In the morning, I say a little prayer:

God thank you for keeping us safe, and please help me not ride like a sausage. (that's what Deaner calls it when I stink up the snow).

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually just sober up and hope for the best, the rest of the time I just hope for the best.

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good post, MOMMA!! Well, the night before we usually get all the gear out and ready by the garage door. We check the batteries in the beacons and make sure we have all the provisions for the day in our backpacks. Since we don't have Muffpots, I make all the lunches. I usually make subs, or if we're lucky I pack leftover pizza! YUMM!!

I have a good hubby that checks the oil, clutches, air shocks etc so that get's done the night before too. The trailer is hooked up to the truck in the driveway.

The next morning it's just loading everything in the four place, and then stop at Timmies on our way out to a full day of playing!! :party2:(

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wake up, do the walk of shame home, overcome the self loathing, then set to trying to accomplish the impossible for the ungratefull.

Ps. If there is a god, if, i hope she is concerned with matters slightly more crucial than granting you unsausageness.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wake up, do the walk of shame home, overcome the self loathing, then set to trying to accomplish the impossible for the ungratefull.

Ps. If there is a god, if, i hope she is concerned with matters slightly more crucial than granting you unsausageness.

Oh man Scotts.. I can't help but love you!! ... hee hee.. "she".. too funny.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help but love me huh?? Don't feel bad its not uncommon. Iam kinda like tequila with women. You know iam really bad for you. You don't really even like me, but some how i end up In your mouth.:eek::d

FYI. Just have drink pm me to arange a appointment to pound me for that one.Tell him to expect a two- three hour wait as there is usually a line up.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha! Sorry haters, That post was liked by an official movie star Bettie.
Giving me complete immunity.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't help but love me huh?? Don't feel bad its not uncommon. Iam kinda like tequila with women. You know iam really bad for you. You don't really even like me, but some how i end up In your mouth.:eek::d

FYI. Just have drink pm me to arange a appointment to pound me for that one.Tell him to expect a two- three hour wait as there is usually a line up.

Ha haa.. tequilia eh.... really really makes me upchuck something fierce..... !!!!!!!

High five good game slap you turd!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i usually leave my crap strewn all over the place the night before, forget to dry things, all batteries dead. wake up at the crack of 9. spend a good 2 hours attemptiong to load the sleds and make sure they are running and ready to go. redo my drunken repairs from the night before.. then try to collect myself and everything i need for the day. this is usually another hour process. then off to the gas station for breakfast and lunch LOLL...wait in line for fuel for 20 minutes. finally get in the road and realize that guaranteed at least one person in our group has forgotten something aaaaaaaand back to the house to try again. if all goes smooth like usual were on the hill just in time to crack out the lunch. organized group we are..

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I confirm this for maxwell, dont wait in the parking lot for him as people are leaving by the time he shows up

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Whos ever prepared?? Dont you people have jobs LOL...

Im never prepared, lucky if I even know where the sleds are, hope they are running...

I have hooked up the trailer the night before, but thats about all...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm confused I didn't think the sun came up until maxwell told it too....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if we plan to go hard one day then usually we can hold off the beer the night before and get our junk together in a timely fashion.

most important thing to me is that the sleds are in tip top shapem and my beacon has baatteries

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the first thing I do before I even start to get ready is I get the oil changed and once I am finished with the wife then I start preparing the sled :eek:

Top Bottom