How do I take payment by credit card for rental?

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at renting out a suite in my cabin on a nightly basis. Does anyone currently use one of these credit card processing companies, or even paypal to take credit card payments over the phone? If so, are you happy with them, how much, etc.

There seem to be lots out there, but I am still trying to make heads or tails of what they offer. Many seem to rent out machines, which seems like overkill for the odd rental each month or two. I may get around to setting up a website to allow booking a payment at some point, which seems to be how most of these companies work.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
3% of the purchase / monthly fees , money is in my account the next day pos machine

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am looking at renting out a suite in my cabin on a nightly basis. Does anyone currently use one of these credit card processing companies, or even paypal to take credit card payments over the phone? If so, are you happy with them, how much, etc.

There seem to be lots out there, but I am still trying to make heads or tails of what they offer. Many seem to rent out machines, which seems like overkill for the odd rental each month or two. I may get around to setting up a website to allow booking a payment at some point, which seems to be how most of these companies work.[/

Look into paypal.com you can integrate it into your web site aswell! Cheapest fees around and buyer/seller protection! I can help in the web site developing if you so require! Pm me if your interested as we already have a system in place for this type of site!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Become a member of I think they advertise, book and do a lot more too.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
info on the suite please.......:d

maybe we should test this unit before the charging of funds begin??

Mr Morgan is this a good idea? ARRRR CAPTAIN this must be a good place bogger its endorsed by a good friend the CAptain!!!!

jhsummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.jhactivities.com
It's easy to set up credit card processing. You can set it up to run through a lap top on any internet connection. Just keep in mind that you loose up to 3% of the sale with processing fees. Other than that it's great. I use Eliot Management Group. Good people, easy to work with. The software for your computer will cost you about $600.00 but that's a one time investment, then your good to go.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into paypal.com you can integrate it into your web site aswell! Cheapest fees around and buyer/seller protection! I can help in the web site developing if you so require! Pm me if your interested as we already have a system in place for this type of site!

Worst advice ever. Seriously. Stay as far from Paypal as possible.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
One of our payment options on our site is paypal but I also have alot of people that refuse to use paypal and so I take the credit card info on the phone and use our merchant services account to process the payment.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
We use Elevon Merchant Services....it is through Costco by far the cheapest rates.

Jan

X2 ...for what you are going to use this merchant account for I would just use Elevon over the phone services...you can do pre-authorizations, sales...whatever over the phone with them...all automated, never need to talk to a real person and the cheapest you will find. I have used Elevon for 2 1/2 years now trouble free.

MrMorgan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
X2 ...for what you are going to use this merchant account for I would just use Elevon over the phone services...you can do pre-authorizations, sales...whatever over the phone with them...all automated, never need to talk to a real person and the cheapest you will find. I have used Elevon for 2 1/2 years now trouble free.

Thanks everyone. There were some suggestions that I had not found through google yet. I think I have a great place to start. The vaction homes by owner site is interesting, as I may tap in to international travelers.

As for info on the suite, I thought it would be bad manors to use this forum, so didn't post anything about it. I suppose if someone sent me a pm I would answer, but I won't try and advertise without paying the site first. And yes, there have been numerous bottles of Captain that have gone down with this ship. In fact, I found a sale a liquor depot today and I'm heading up to re-stock!

Cheers.

Top Bottom