How come so many powderclaws for sale?

mitty26

Reaction score
Just browsing the swap and seen a pile of pc tracks for sale , wasn't that suppose to be a good track? Rode with a guy with a new 1100 t 162 with the pc and it seemed like it was pretty decent . What's everyone changing it out with?

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of guys go to the camo extreme 2.5 it is supposed to be a very nice mod makes a world of differance from what I have heard. I like my powerclaw for climbing gets great traction on the trail but going down hill you pretty much have no brakes.

Last edited:

mitty26

Reaction score
So this pc track is similar to a A20 in the hillclimb position? Had one on a king and like you said the braking was terrible to say the least.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never rode a attack 20 so I can't say. And ya it doesn't brake well. If your ever coming down a steep hill or down through some trees be prepared for a ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when I should be checkin wells!

mitty26

Reaction score
Ya that A20 was the same story, throw a belt around each ski and get out your flintstone brakes lol.

mitty26

Reaction score
Probably be better than the maverick I am running right now lol.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lug configuration: Too much space between the lugs. Not enough consistent snow trapping, compared to Challenger, which the snow cant whisk away as easy. Plus the lugs have smooth tips.
powderclaw.jpg Challenger ext..jpg

Last edited:

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes they are flat on top. Similar lug design still. Supposedly lighter. I'm a little concerned about icy conditions and firm snow pack now.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the 2.5 camo ex as well new this year, mine has no teeth. On ice, it sucks. Unless you're studded, what track doesn't? I don't find it too bad on hard pack at all. Still hooks up really good and from what everyone tells me, my camo I have this year doesn't flick up as big of chunks of snow at my poor doo riding buddies that are trailing me..... lol ;)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen that smooth camo x, I thought that it was a knock off! It seamed to be not as stiff as the other camo x. I got a 2.5" camo x and it has teeth along the top and I bought it this year

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it all depends on how much powder riding you do!!!! I put 2.5 extreme on my 09 M8 and I love it works much better in the powder . you gotta keep in mind if you do more trail riding I would stick with the powerclaw. IMO.

mitty26

Reaction score
Does that powerclaw through snow out the back like a bugger?

Top Bottom