How can I make my XP louder?

AndyBaily

Reaction score
:ThumbsupMsn:Im wondering if anyone can make a suggestion on how to make my sled louder? I have an 09 Summit X with an MBRP can (straight through). I used to ride a 02 summit and I'm not sure what kind of can it had on it but it made a very loud and distinct sound that I find I'm missing dearly. Please do not respond to this is your going to be a smart a$$ because I've read a few threads and you boys can get pretty nasty. This is a sincere question. Any ideas?

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go onto youtube and you can hear just about any exhaust system on any sled.

I like the sound of the rumble packs on the newer xps'

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:ThumbsupMsn:Im wondering if anyone can make a suggestion on how to make my sled louder? I have an 09 Summit X with an MBRP can (straight through). I used to ride a 02 summit and I'm not sure what kind of can it had on it but it made a very loud and distinct sound that I find I'm missing dearly. Please do not respond to this is your going to be a smart a$$ because I've read a few threads and you boys can get pretty nasty. This is a sincere question. Any ideas?
Not only the guys I would be worried about the women. I have a MBRP and i thought it would be louder too, so it going to stay for now.

eClKaNdY

Reaction score
i just install the full pipe(ceramic) + Y pipe crankshop+ can mbrp i'm not sure if it's louder but it definately sound more like a race sled... still not like a triple:( damn i wish i can have a lightweight 800 triple on a xp!!!!!!!!!:p

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You want loud? I have a straight pipe for your sled! pm me if you want it.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should try flipping your can upside down, make it come straight up through your hood. Then it will be just like a big rig stack which is totally awesome and all the sound will be going straight at your face. If thats not loud enough try to rig up a hose from your can outlet directly into your helmet and then hear that thing bark!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take a hacksaw and cut pipe off just before muffler, toss cut off pieces in trash, lower handlebars, take helmet off put on blocks and rev er up. you may get an award for loudest pos out there. also talk louder (yell), you will get the jist. loud is not cool, or maybe just get an arctic cat. ;)

foxrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a negative nancy here, but i dont see why you would want it louder, 1. you'd piss off anybody living where your riding,:realmad: 2. If your in the mountains your more likely to cause a avalanche,:eek: 3. You would perpetuate the stereotype that all sleders are loud, obnoxious @$$holes. :rolleyes:

Just me being a kill joy, but still my 2 cents.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to be a negative nancy here, but i dont see why you would want it louder, 1. you'd piss off anybody living where your riding,:realmad: 2. If your in the mountains your more likely to cause a avalanche,:eek: 3. You would perpetuate the stereotype that all sleders are loud, obnoxious @$$holes. :rolleyes:

Just me being a kill joy, but still my 2 cents.

can you explain how a loud sled or loud noise will cause an avalanche?:confused:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
can you explain how a loud sled or loud noise will cause an avalanche?:confused:

When we took our AST 1, we were told that loud noises from sleds, helicopters etc., DO NOT cause avalanches. Even though it seems entirely reasonable, they have never been able to make it happen in field research tests. I thought this was surprising, so I looked it up and it's true- it's an urban myth!!

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Noise has nothing to do with avalanches, just a fact of life. Probably hear that myth more often than not.

The thing can is probably the loudest i`ve heard, bmp is also fairly loud, if you`re into that. MBRP is one of the only cans not to loose any HP, or so i have read.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

No smart azz's around here:confused::confused:

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
When we took our AST 1, we were told that loud noises from sleds, helicopters etc., DO NOT cause avalanches. Even though it seems entirely reasonable, they have never been able to make it happen in field research tests. I thought this was surprising, so I looked it up and it's true- it's an urban myth!!

And if you dont believe AST then you HAVE to believe Mythbusters...They could not reproduce the myth either...BUSTED!!!

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take a hacksaw and cut your exhaust system into pieces starting from the muffler back, checking each time to see if it's loud enough yet.....then take over dealing with enviro's at land use meetings since you seem to want to be part of the problem! :rant::rant::rant::mad::mad::mad:

AndyBaily

Reaction score
Wow. Ok. I would like to thank anyone who made a sincere suggestion in response to my question. I will look into a come of those suggestions. I appreciate it:)

To all of you who chose to be a smart a$$ and make really "funny jokes"
1) I only ride in the mountains
2)Loud DOESN'T cause avalanches
3)I am always respectfull of other around me

but thanks anyways?!?

Top Bottom