How are the Outlander 1000s holding up?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm having a real hard time still trying to decide between a Griz and Outlander. The Griz is a solid platform which is awesome but Can am with the 1000 V-twin....enough said

H2O

Reaction score
Why not just go with a 800 canam.... they are a proven platform and makes the grizzly look like a 400cc.

jimmyjambo

Reaction score
For some reason it doesn't give me a lot of confidence? Coming from a grizzly with no problems at all in 4 yrs! Other than self inflicted. Just not sure yet?? Would sure like to hear some more reviews.

Last edited:

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
they are a bitch to work on...alot of plastics have to come off. Not sure how the grizzlys are in that aspect, but its not very often a grizzly needs to be worked on,lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they are a bitch to work on...alot of plastics have to come off. Not sure how the grizzlys are in that aspect, but its not very often a grizzly needs to be worked on,lol
Compared to what? Have you ever worked on one? You can have the motor out of an Outty 8 or 1000 in 20 min. I find the Can Am's easier to work on than any machine I have owned. (and I've owned them all, BTW)

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no idea how the plastics come off my outlander lol. 470km on it so far, other than the pooched thermostat it's been good. Tore the screws out of the "skidplate" on the front today. Couple washers and it will be good to go. Keep in mind I ride like an indian, so if it's going to break I will probably break it lol.

i ford i

Reaction score
I have no idea how the plastics come off my outlander lol. 470km on it so far, other than the pooched thermostat it's been good. Tore the screws out of the "skidplate" on the front today. Couple washers and it will be good to go. Keep in mind I ride like an indian, so if it's going to break I will probably break it lol.

I laughed like a schoolgirl after reading that. I bought an XMR, I was undecided on the 1000 for the very same reason. This is just my personal philosophy; never buy something brand new that hasn't been tested; granted everything you buy is going to breakdown/ blowup at some point but i'd much rather later then sooner.

I bought the 07 new style silverados when they came out; won't be making the same mistake twice.

A guy that I ride with in the summer bought one, and we usually go for a good haul or two in the summer; so I shall see how it holds up.

Edit: Typo.

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
Compared to what? Have you ever worked on one? You can have the motor out of an Outty 8 or 1000 in 20 min. I find the Can Am's easier to work on than any machine I have owned. (and I've owned them all, BTW)
The GEN2, compared to the GEN1, and yes I have worked on them, both.

jimmyjambo

Reaction score

Ya that's funny as all heck! Cause that's how I ride too!

The plastic on the grizz is a bugger to. It like a mister potato head, lol every time I ride now if I hit a hole to fast it hole thing explodes!! That's why I think she's faster in her old age, half the plastic is spread around Alberta...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I ended up going with the 1000 xt. Should have it by moday or tuesday. Stoked to get it out for a ride

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my 1000 xt on Wednesday. Pretty sweet machine. 80 miles already. It hauls ass but the brakes and suspension do t match the power. Engine braking in low is awesome for hills ect. I had a renegade and kinda think I should have got another one but I wanted racks and fenders. I was sick of being wet and muddy all the time.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the only thing I don't like about mine is the shocks I was thinking about updating them to some fox podium x shock just not sure price yet I know it ain't going to be cheap lol.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the shocks aren't exactly the greatest...That being said, I'm used to it now and I don't really notice it. 550km on it so far...

389259_10150710595899748_775404747_9497685_275245393_n.jpg Turns out they do get stuck too...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the only thing I don't like about mine is the shocks I was thinking about updating them to some fox podium x shock just not sure price yet I know it ain't going to be cheap lol.

I have the fox shocks from brp. They were 600 extra. Save youR $$$ and order Elka. It will be a way better set up. There is no rebound adjustment on the fox ones. I will be putting Elka on this machine for sure to stop the bouncing and harsh rebound of the fox shocks

hedge

Reaction score
I have the fox shocks from brp. They were 600 extra. Save youR $$$ and order Elka. It will be a way better set up. There is no rebound adjustment on the fox ones. I will be putting Elka on this machine for sure to stop the bouncing and harsh rebound of the fox shocks

agreed, I also have the Fox Shocks from BRP. They're a bit better than stock but I wouldn't do it again.

hedge

Reaction score
Depends which Elkas, stage2 are about $1900 (that gets you external reservoir and rebound adjustment), stage4 are $2900, they have adjustable rebound and compression (high and low). For some reason they removed the stage3 from their line, that's what I was going to go with.

I called fox a couple months ago and at that time they didn't make the podium X for the Outlander yet, the GNCC guys have been mounting up the Renegade shocks. I think these may be the best bet, you can usually get a set for about $1800 (once they are available) and they have adjustable rebound and compression.

Top Bottom