How are the Outlander 1000s holding up?

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at getting a new quad and was dead set on a Grizzly until I took a 1000 Outlander for a small run. The power may have ruined me. I'm coming from a Rincon so obviously a huge difference. Now that people should have some miles racked up on them is anyone having any issues?. I'm generally pretty hard on my bikes which is why I always stuck with Honda but I'm itching for more juice and I don't want to be going back to the dealer constantly for warranty and broken parts

dano1966

Reaction score
have no problems so for, quad of the year 2012, have over 600 kms rides like a dream, just make sure you take it to get serviced yearly, your gauges will tell you when.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every quad has it's quirks, so pick whichever one floats your boat...Personally I went with the outlander 1000 because I wanted the power of a sport quad, with the racks and fenders of a utility quad. I have about 300k on mine so far, mostly in snow. When it does get traction, hold the f on!

The end caps for the bumpers rip off pretty easy
Some guys are bending tie-rods with bigger tires(there are aftermarket cromoly ones for about $150)
Uhh I heard a few guys have torn the seats off? This is a problem I am willing to have, it means you have enough power LOL
Brakes wear out fairly quickly. I see this as a side affect of having that much power...
The stock suspension set up leaves a bit to be desired, I find it a bit mushy myself.

All in all I am impressed with it for the 300k I have on it, I am looking forward to getting it in some mud and trails where I can get some traction.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Pretty much what I wanted to hear. I love the reliability of the Honda but really really want more power

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First reports are good, Quailty product....no dought. From a Honda to this is Night and day..........!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had my 10hr (first) service done on the Renny. (same motor, frame, trans as Outlander). Had a water pump seal done under warranty. I've heard lots of the new 1000's had crappy water pump seals right out of the box. Other than that, no issues.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They seem to be selling like hot cakes, I can't afford them when they are financed by the . Few buddies have them no problems that I heard of

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I knew the shocks the shocks would be shitty. I ordered my 1000 with aftermarket ones. I pick it up right away. I will post how the shocks work and whether they are worth the $$!

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
have no problems so for, quad of the year 2012, have over 600 kms rides like a dream, just make sure you take it to get serviced yearly, your gauges will tell you when.
ya and arctic cat got sled of the year, and look how that turned out. Just sayin

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only did a demo ride on one and favorite thing is the power (big surprise hey). The negatives was that found the suspension mushy mostly cause the front end feels heavy, I felts like I had no clearance which I think is due to the slushy suspension and rad was plugging up causing it to overheat. The rad is a common thing to the can-ams I believe. I ride a 08 kingquad 750, just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from.

With all that said I think I wouldn't hesitate to buy an outlander.

hedge

Reaction score
I've had mine since October, have about 1000k on it now. no issues other than my a-arm bushings and tie rod ends are shot, pretty early for that to be happening but they did warranty it. I've got the upgraded BRP/Fox shocks, if I was to do it again I probably wouldn't have bought them, I'll likely be upgrading to Elkas in the near future. I just bought the Muzzy dual exhaust + pc5 which is going on tomorrow.

Here's a couple pics.
IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

Reactions: LBZ

SLICKSTER

Reaction score
no hate here, thread is about can am troubles for the 1000. I'm purchaseing a new quad next year, and the can am is on my list to consider. This is the info the guy is looking for.

If this was a picture of a Brute force, or grizzly would you still think its brand X hate?

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparantly there are a bunch of guys having clunking noises in the front end. Right from new, happens anytime at any speed. Some guys have found there to be play in the bottom shock mount bolt. But it is looking like the front ball joint bolts aren't torqued tight enough. The guys in the above picture praise can am. They would say if they hit anything.

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far my 1000 outty has been a awesome machine other then I let a buddy ride it and he wheeled it for a fairly long ways never stopped b4 the snow bank and rolled it he bent the rear grab bar and tweeted the Handel bars some corner pices on back bumper fell off but that was from the roll over on its back end :(. Not impressed with the guy. Tons of power verry fun machine deserves respect that's for sure . And a rider that can ride not someone that thinks they can

Top Bottom