"How an RZR 50" becomes head of its class.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After testing my new 2013 RZR on some of our nastiest trails it was quickly realized the issues we had with the RZR in its current stock form.
-Lack of clearance
-lack of suspension travel
-unstableness on offcamber situations
-lost of footing and traction on offcamber situation
-poor ride
All of these were address with a couple of very simple mods that drasticaly improve the RZR offroad capabilities.
-One, the addition of a simple and inexpensive 2" lift does wonders in clearing the most nasties and preventing machine damage.
Though care has to be taking when installing the lift that axle binding doesn't happen. I had to modifie the lift kit to fit my RZR so axle binding was not going to be an issue.
-Secondly, ditching BOTH front and rear stabilizers will transform a suppossively independant front and rear suspension into a REAL independent suspension, yes each wheel will actualy travel FARTHER then the oem setup. Each wheel now will work as intended (independently) resulting in HUGE improvement in ride, offcamber stability and traction. Yes NO MORE 3 wheel teeter totter or the feeling of falling over if the machine should start to slip in an offcamber situation. All 4 wheels are actualy on the ground in most all occassions, thus improving traction and control unlike the OEM setup.

We tested this new setup now on several trips and on top of seeing these improvements we saw little drawback in the machine overall handling at higher speeds. Though body rolling was some noticable at speeds exceeding 40-50km/hr on FSR, but only in the sharpest turns.
If alot of FSR driving and higher speeds was indended we left the front stabilizer intacted but disconnected. In less then 5min. can be reconnected with a couple of simple handtools.

Other changes in current stages are rerouting of ALL breathers in to the cab, under dash of the RZR.
Complete overhual of the current poor air intake system.

BTW these mods are not intended for those that feel highspeeds is what offroading is all about, if your into offroad exploring and not burning up the trails this could be beneficial for you.

Last edited:

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup,now all you need are some bigger tires and an clutch kit to conpensate for the difference and you are good to go!

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our 2009 50 inch rzr went everywhere. We had a 2 inch lift, snokel kit and tires.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recall Ur rzr stuck end to end in a creek bed.

Didn't go everywhere

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I recall Ur rzr stuck end to end in a creek bed.

Didn't go everywhere

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

Yes it gets stuck.

Rode 3500km and only did brakes and oil changes.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the 26" with offset rims, but kinda wish i would had gone 27" instead. It originaly came with 25".

Top Bottom