Hot tub reviews

ozzy

Reaction score
Looking into buying a hot tub anyone have reviews good or bad which ones to stay away from what to look for in a quality tub & what options to get

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Purchased a Artic Spa last fall after looking at them all, I've had it running since Xmas and very impressed. Check them out on the west end and ask for Arron.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a sunray hot tub 7 years ago.

They had a large store and place seemed like it was going great.

I had to get a pump seal fixed last month.

Went to new location.

Wow you can tell business has been slow. Sure has changed for the worse.

I would not recommend

We use it almost everyday too.

Next will be no chemical Arctic Spa

Last edited:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Had our beachcomber hot tub for over 20 years and only had a heater problem once... Awesome tub, and we put it through the gears, with greycup parties, kids parties, keggers.... It saw it all.... Even had over 20 people in the tub at one time, and it was only a 7/8 person tub(deep tub)

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a Beachcomber for about 3yrs now, no complaints,.. use it all year round and as mentioned it will fit more than the 8 person occupancy haha.

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We bought a Beachcomber Hybrid 2 years ago from their store in Edm. I cant remember our model number, i think its a 950e or 750e but we went looking with a budget for under 10k to buy...We left will almost a all option tub for 16k. Has fountain, lights, 30+ jets, stereo and up graded to the good cover. Loved it for the first 6 months, now the fun has left for me. I use it maybe once every 2 months. Wife and kids are in it almost 2 days a week. Only thing i wish we sprung for was a no chem tub.

skidoo6100

Reaction score
We got a sunray hot tub 7 years ago.

They had a large store and place seemed like it was going great.

I had to get a pump seal fixed last month.

Went to new location.

Wow you can tell business has been slow. Sure has changed for the worse.

I would not recommend

We use it almost everyday too.

Next will be no chemical Arctic Spa

Agreed, dont buy a sunray. I was buying replacement parts for mine from Beachcomber so I didnt have to deal with them...

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agreed, dont buy a sunray. I was buying replacement parts for mine from Beachcomber so I didnt have to deal with them...

Good to know go to Beachcomber

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a no chemical hot tub?

Would seem impossible to me, the water always needs to be balanced...I don’t understand how it could be done without chemicals.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is a no chemical hot tub?

Would seem impossible to me, the water always needs to be balanced...I don’t understand how it could be done without chemicals.

I talked with the Arctic Spa guy. Salt water something
Don’t remember all the details

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever you buy, make sure the insulation is sprayed onto the inside of the wood body supporting the tub, and not on the tub itself. You want an enclosed heated space where all the plumbing and pump etc is. A lot of tubs sold here are made in the states where they don’t get as cold, and the insulation is just sprayed onto the tub and doesn’t adequately protect the exposed pipes, pump etc. The ones Costco was selling are examples. The properly insulated ones are typically made in Canada and are more expensive, but will be more trouble free and cheaper to run from an electricity perspective. Also make sure the cover is tapered from the middle to the edges and is at least 5 to 7 inches thick in the middle. The more insulation the better.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got a 580 beachcomber and its 20 yes old
Replaced the heat coil and a bearing in the small pump and a few pipe leaks that where fixed on warrenty years ago
It's been a good tub
It's been to 5 different homes and still going

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked with the Arctic Spa guy. Salt water something
Don’t remember all the details

The saltwater Hot Tubs convert the NaCL (Sodium chloride = salt) in the water to chlorine (sanitizer) by using electrolysis.

You control the amount of chlorine present in the water by controlling the amount of time per day the electrolysis takes place. You still have to add chlorine manually if the tub is used heavier than the electrolysis settings.

If the Hot Tub manufactures are claiming this salt water set up is chemical free...well...they would certainly be stretching the truth.

Ol' Sarge

Reaction score
The saltwater Hot Tubs convert the NaCL (Sodium chloride = salt) in the water to chlorine (sanitizer) by using electrolysis.

You control the amount of chlorine present in the water by controlling the amount of time per day the electrolysis takes place. You still have to add chlorine manually if the tub is used heavier than the electrolysis settings.

If the Hot Tub manufactures are claiming this salt water set up is chemical free...well...they would certainly be stretching the truth.

We've had this system for 2 years now on our Arctic Spa. Compared to our old tub that relied on chemicals and ozone it is a dream to take care of. The only things we have ever had to add to the water are the salt and ph adjustment at initial fill. After that, nothing. Even after a heavy use. You have the ability to increase or decrease the amount of chlorine you want to maintain in the tub and can boost it up temporarily after a party or heavy use. A probe monitors the chlorine levels in the water and turns on the cell (electrolysis) automatically and leaves it on until the selected level is reached and then shuts itself off. Even better, you can easily check your chlorine levels, ph, and control all functions of your tub (temp, filtering, jets, lights) from your smartphone, while on a beach in Hawaii.

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a sweet setup. I like the remote control access concept...I have a friend with the salt set up but no remote control. How does the Alkalinity and PH get controlled?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new tubs with all the sh!t in them, wireless bla bla, is like this new car crap

Too much sh!t to fawk up, k.i.s.s

Keep it simple stupid, for this guy

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had this system for 2 years now on our Arctic Spa. Compared to our old tub that relied on chemicals and ozone it is a dream to take care of. The only things we have ever had to add to the water are the salt and ph adjustment at initial fill. After that, nothing. Even after a heavy use. You have the ability to increase or decrease the amount of chlorine you want to maintain in the tub and can boost it up temporarily after a party or heavy use. A probe monitors the chlorine levels in the water and turns on the cell (electrolysis) automatically and leaves it on until the selected level is reached and then shuts itself off. Even better, you can easily check your chlorine levels, ph, and control all functions of your tub (temp, filtering, jets, lights) from your smartphone, while on a beach in Hawaii.

Great information

Thank You

Top Bottom