Hot tub parts

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of you with hot tubs.. Do you have a preferred dealer or parts outlet that you prefer? I have a Dynasty (junk) tub with a circulation motor/pump that isn’t long for this world. Motor doesn’t sound good and the O-ring for the cover plate on the wet end is leaking. Any suggestions are appreciated.

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of you with hot tubs.. Do you have a preferred dealer or parts outlet that you prefer? I have a Dynasty (junk) tub with a circulation motor/pump that isn’t long for this world. Motor doesn’t sound good and the O-ring for the cover plate on the wet end is leaking. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Lol
I just purged my Die-nasty to the dump. I couldn’t give that thing away.

Let me guess all ur piping is split.. inside the spray foam.
I bought a beachcomber and never looked back.
The dynasty dealer in rd is horrible, mine collapsed inside itself and the only way she would warranty it is if I paid $6300 in shipping!
Long story. I got a replacement from factory not her.. then 4 years later the pump, and piping all cracked and split.
The brutal part is I thought ok I’ll tip it on its side replumb the whole thing but you can’t remove too much spray foam or the whole hot tub will collapse as it’s used as part of the structure.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol
I just purged my Die-nasty to the dump. I couldn’t give that thing away.

Let me guess all ur piping is split.. inside the spray foam.
I bought a beachcomber and never looked back.
The dynasty dealer in rd is horrible, mine collapsed inside itself and the only way she would warranty it is if I paid $6300 in shipping!
Long story. I got a replacement from factory not her.. then 4 years later the pump, and piping all cracked and split.
The brutal part is I thought ok I’ll tip it on its side replumb the whole thing but you can’t remove too much spray foam or the whole hot tub will collapse as it’s used as part of the structure.

My first tub was a Beachcomber. I had it for 8 years and it was a flawless tub. Then I went to a trade show looking for a cover, and the big tittied sales lady hooked me. Titties are dangerous lol.

My tub isn’t that bad.. yet.. I don’t really want to put much money into it. If I can get an O-ring for the cover plate on the pump, I will. Or try some gasket eliminator.

I’ve also had heater issues with it, and it does not like Alberta winters anymore, so it’s basically a summer tub. It almost froze on me 2 winters ago, so now it’s winterized by Halloween. Basically if anything major goes, I’m hauling it to the dump. Next tub will be an Arctic or another Beachcomber. 100%

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My first tub was a Beachcomber. I had it for 8 years and it was a flawless tub. Then I went to a trade show looking for a cover, and the big tittied sales lady hooked me. Titties are dangerous lol.

My tub isn’t that bad.. yet.. I don’t really want to put much money into it. If I can get an O-ring for the cover plate on the pump, I will. Or try some gasket eliminator.

I’ve also had heater issues with it, and it does not like Alberta winters anymore, so it’s basically a summer tub. It almost froze on me 2 winters ago, so now it’s winterized by Halloween. Basically if anything major goes, I’m hauling it to the dump. Next tub will be an Arctic or another Beachcomber. 100%

Yup her and her brother have been scamming for years... they where Polar spas before, ripped off thousands of people!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
J and J service tech has been really good to me. Replaced pump and heater Pac in my arctic spa. Arctic spa told me I had 10 years good service and time for a new tub for 20k. J and J fixed me up for 1500 bucks and 8 years later still going strong. I get all my chemicals etc. From them. They are at 587 353 7727 Talk to Ray

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sun Ray Spas in Edmonton have been making their own tubs for about 40 years. Made in Edmonton for the Edmonton winters. The tub itself is spray foamed. The hoses are exposed mostly. The wooden side panels are spray foamed also. Leaks are easily found and repaired. With a Beachcomber tub, you cannot tell exactly where the leak is coming from without having to remove the spray foam. What a chore that becomes. Also, with a Sun Ray tub, if you have a leak in the winter, you can open a panel and put a heater inside thereby reducing the risk of the tub freezing until repairs can be made. I had a Beachcomber ordered until I checked Sun Ray out. Excellent service.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
J and J service tech has been really good to me. Replaced pump and heater Pac in my arctic spa. Arctic spa told me I had 10 years good service and time for a new tub for 20k. J and J fixed me up for 1500 bucks and 8 years later still going strong. I get all my chemicals etc. From them. They are at 587 353 7727 Talk to Ray

Thanks! My dad lives in Kamloops and has had an Arctic Spa for 12 years. Zero problems and zero regrets.
I’ll check into J and J.

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sun Ray Spas in Edmonton have been making their own tubs for about 40 years. Made in Edmonton for the Edmonton winters. The tub itself is spray foamed. The hoses are exposed mostly. The wooden side panels are spray foamed also. Leaks are easily found and repaired. With a Beachcomber tub, you cannot tell exactly where the leak is coming from without having to remove the spray foam. What a chore that becomes. Also, with a Sun Ray tub, if you have a leak in the winter, you can open a panel and put a heater inside thereby reducing the risk of the tub freezing until repairs can be made. I had a Beachcomber ordered until I checked Sun Ray out. Excellent service.

I’ll also look into Sun Ray. Didn’t know they existed until now.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ll also look into Sun Ray. Didn’t know they existed until now.

We have a Sun Ray Tub. It is 11 years old.

Seems when you go to the store it is smaller each time.

Always concerned they will close down.

Next tub will be a spa boy

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask all those hot tub dealers if they will take a dynasty spa on trade! All the ones in Rd basically said no fn way!

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask all those hot tub dealers if they will take a dynasty spa on trade! All the ones in Rd basically said no fn way!

I’ve had my Dynasty 9 years. It’s only been in the last 3 that it’s really given me real grief, other than that, we’ve been pretty happy with it. When the time comes, I’ll either give it away or haul it to the dump. I won’t be hauling it all the way to Edmonton, as I’m pretty certain it wouldn’t survive the trip.

Top Bottom