Hoping someone can help

Farm_boy

Reaction score
I'm bringing some mountain rookies to Golden in early January to experience some real snow, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the West Bench Trail, and the Blaeberry River Trail.
Both guys are a little nervous of big hills so I thought for the first couple days if I could get them in some meadows or rolling type hills to play in the powder just to increase their comfort zone. Then if they want take them up Quartz to see some hills after that.

I usually only ride Quartz and Silent, but by the descriptions on the Snowmobile Golden website, these other two trails sound kinda fun if there are some good spots to play in.

Been getting them to practice with their beacons here in the back yard snowbanks, and both guys are stoked.

Thanks for any info

xtremegriz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would just bring them to quartz... more than enough area to put around and get comfortable and then when there ready take a poke at the smaller hills!

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to agree, quartz is a great place to get there feet wet, and the cabin is near by for a warm up and lunch.:d

badgerstauffer

Reaction score
My first time to the mountains was three years ago and I rode Quartz my first day and it was fine.

rgutmann

Reaction score
I'm bringing some mountain rookies to Golden in early January to experience some real snow, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the West Bench Trail, and the Blaeberry River Trail.
Both guys are a little nervous of big hills so I thought for the first couple days if I could get them in some meadows or rolling type hills to play in the powder just to increase their comfort zone. Then if they want take them up Quartz to see some hills after that.

I usually only ride Quartz and Silent, but by the descriptions on the Snowmobile Golden website, these other two trails sound kinda fun if there are some good spots to play in.

Been getting them to practice with their beacons here in the back yard snowbanks, and both guys are stoked.

Thanks for any info
Rode Blaeberry yesterday, snow not to bad , trail fairly packed for the first 30km, a few places to go off the main trail to play. No cabin to warm up at. I would take your rookies up to Quartz as its groomed on a regular basis to the cabin. My wife goes up to that point and further depending on the snow conditions.

Top Bottom