Hopefully this doesn't happen in Canada

Bruteskeg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it seems too me like the goverment is trying to turn young kids in to wimps these days with all these gay laws... like whats next ??? they cant walk to school cause they might trip, or cant ride the bus..... I dont know some laws are a little unreal, the only way you get life experiance s by doing things, kinda hard to live and learn when your limited on what you can do.

Labradorian

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its up to me if I want my kids riding a sled,dirtbike or quad.NOT SOME GOVERNMENT NOBODY.:realmad:

You got that right...................!! I sure hope it does not come down to the government banning these small bikes/quads/sleds from being manufactured like they did the 3 wheeled ATV back in the eighties........

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
THIS SOUNDS LIKE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION BY SOME DOOFUS THAT PROBABLY WASN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE MINI BIKES WHEN HE WAS A KID..... GLAD I GREW UP(EVEN THOUGH MY WIFE DOESN'T AGREE) WHEN I DID. I GUESS WE WERE ALL REBELS, AND DROVE MINIBIKES(USUALLY WITHOUT HELMETS), RODE BICYCLES WITHOUT HELMETS, OWNED PELLET GUNS AND BB GUNS, NEVER SAT IN BOOSTER SEATS OR BABY SEATS, NEVER WORE SEAT BELTS FOR THAT MATTER, GOT THE ODD SPANKING FOR DOOING SOMETHING WRONG. BUT FOR THE MOST PART, WE ALL TURNED OUT OKAY ............. WTF WITH SOME OF THESE "GREASE POLES" IN POLITICS THAT TRY TO "OVERPROTECT" CHILDREN NOWADAYS - MAYBE THEY HAD ROUGH/SHELTERED LIVES AS KIDS, AND THEN WHEN THEY GOT OLDER, THEY ALL GOT INTO POLITICS AND CREATED THESE CRAZY LAWS, AS A DIRECT RELATIONSHIP TO HOW THEY GREW UP???? WHEN KIDS NOWADAYS DOO SOMETHING WRONG, THEY CAN'T BE PUNISHED, UNDER THE "YOUNG OFFENDERS ACT", AND THEY GET SLAPS ON THE WRISTS FOR "MAJOR" CRIMES???? I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANNOT PURCHASE THESE MINI BIKES FOR UNDER 12 YEAR OLDS ANYMORE............ SORRY FOR THE RANT, AND I COULD GO ON AND ON, BUT I'LL JUST GET MORE UPSET!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
THIS SOUNDS LIKE GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION BY SOME DOOFUS THAT PROBABLY WASN'T ALLOWED TO HAVE MINI BIKES WHEN HE WAS A KID..... GLAD I GREW UP(EVEN THOUGH MY WIFE DOESN'T AGREE) WHEN I DID. I GUESS WE WERE ALL REBELS, AND DROVE MINIBIKES(USUALLY WITHOUT HELMETS), RODE BICYCLES WITHOUT HELMETS, OWNED PELLET GUNS AND BB GUNS, NEVER SAT IN BOOSTER SEATS OR BABY SEATS, NEVER WORE SEAT BELTS FOR THAT MATTER, GOT THE ODD SPANKING FOR DOOING SOMETHING WRONG. BUT FOR THE MOST PART, WE ALL TURNED OUT OKAY ............. WTF WITH SOME OF THESE "GREASE POLES" IN POLITICS THAT TRY TO "OVERPROTECT" CHILDREN NOWADAYS - MAYBE THEY HAD ROUGH/SHELTERED LIVES AS KIDS, AND THEN WHEN THEY GOT OLDER, THEY ALL GOT INTO POLITICS AND CREATED THESE CRAZY LAWS, AS A DIRECT RELATIONSHIP TO HOW THEY GREW UP???? WHEN KIDS NOWADAYS DOO SOMETHING WRONG, THEY CAN'T BE PUNISHED, UNDER THE "YOUNG OFFENDERS ACT", AND THEY GET SLAPS ON THE WRISTS FOR "MAJOR" CRIMES???? I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY CANNOT PURCHASE THESE MINI BIKES FOR UNDER 12 YEAR OLDS ANYMORE............ SORRY FOR THE RANT, AND I COULD GO ON AND ON, BUT I'LL JUST GET MORE UPSET!!!!!!!!!!:rant:

Very well put..........Ric. Run for Prime Minsiter!

psycoticmudder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In BC, it is already illegal to ride motor bikes/quads/dune buggies on the Forest Service roads without a license. On top of that the CO's are supposed to be equipped with radar this summer to enforce the 80 kph speed limit. Go figure......

The only saving grace is that not all the roads out there are Forest Service roads....but it is coming....

speeding tickets on quads and sleds what next? . seat belt law?

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I love our country and would not want to live anywhere else.but some of this controling ch!t is getting out of hand.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
funny how you can tell who had the shortest bus thru the replies:eek:

whats wrong.... jealous cause you weren't special enough for the short bus

mom told me there would be people like you....

:beer::beer::beer:

Attachments

• short bus.gif
    short bus.gif
    8.5 KB · Views: 84

rmktony

Reaction score
I got my 3 yr old son a little suzuki 50 quad and he loves it. I've got the limiter set on it so it harder goes faster than one of those battery powered pieces of garbage. Why should government be able to tell me that he cant ride it, maybe next they will outlaw them electric things. Maybe bicycles should be outlawed too cause who knows what could happen if he fell off his bicycle. Way to much of the government trying to babysit everybody.:confused:

messinaround

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my 3 yr old son a little suzuki 50 quad and he loves it. I've got the limiter set on it so it harder goes faster than one of those battery powered pieces of garbage. Why should government be able to tell me that he cant ride it, maybe next they will outlaw them electric things. Maybe bicycles should be outlawed too cause who knows what could happen if he fell off his bicycle. Way to much of the government trying to babysit everybody.:confused:

I AGREE:d:d:d:d

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got that right...................!! I sure hope it does not come down to the government banning these small bikes/quads/sleds from being manufactured like they did the 3 wheeled ATV back in the eighties........

personally im glad they band them they were extremly unsafe for ANYONE
my dad had an old 84 yamaha 200 and he was taking me for a drive on it one day in the snow when the bike just suddenly died. for about 3-5 minutes dad was trying to start that bike back up(pull start) and mom seen us from the kitchen so she came out to see what was wrong and dad told her so mom said give me jerome (2.5years old at the time) i dont know why, probably the couple of minutes not pulling on the starter, gave the bike a chance to un-flood, but the first pull on that pull cord and that bike started....FULL throttle(dad never uses the throtle when hes starting a bike thats what the choke is for hes always said) anyway it ended with him on the ground and the bike on top of him and me all in tears. mom had to set me down in the snow and shut the bike off then try to lift the bike off of dad. dad wasn't hurt but imagine if i would have still been on the bike with him. i probably wouldn't be writing this post thats for sure.

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any petitions that we can sign against the government banning these bikes for the kids? If not, can we start one?

JJ69

Reaction score
trikes aren't any moer dangerous than quads. i learned to ride on trikes. you can wipe out on any machine if you don't know what your doing. you just cant drive a trike quite the same way as you drive a quad. they arent any less safe than anything else.

munhoez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In a Dakota R/T, down by the South Sask. River
I think they stopped sellin because of lead in the paints, but personelly i can't see a young kid sucking on his frame or bars. Maybe if they just learned" Not to use paint that contains lead" , they did this for gas, why not paint. Or even battery terminals, never heard/seen a kid do that.

But hey i could be wrong, thats what i just heard.:beer::d:beer:

Top Bottom