Hope 2013/14

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bumper deep minimum. Found headlight deep or more in areas. Snow was great, very light, and deep. Was in the trees all day. Trail in was bumper deep as well on the side. Trail was reasonable smooth. We didn't even make it into the bowls so someone should have a good go with that. Definitely worth the trip. It was puking snow when we left, road in is in ok condition. Pictures/vid to come.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx for that, I just bought another sled so I can feel more confident going on bigger further missions. hope and bush arm are on my list ...

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

Hopefully this works... Just a crummy teaser pic

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was there Saturday, 1-2 ft in the trees

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone get out in the last 2 days? Just wondering what the snowpack and total depth, along with powder.
Anyone probe the depth?

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lilduke should be out that way as we speak ...

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone get out in the last 2 days? Just wondering what the snowpack and total depth, along with powder.
Anyone probe the depth?

Chatter reporting 105cm base at 5300ft. 15-20cm in forecast today. I know golden alpine holidays across the lake saying 2m at 7000ft.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy fug... Not sure if everywhere else got the snow this place did but wow. Broke first tracks up the road, by Susan lake we parked here. Was almost 2ft deep on the road, snow flying over the hood and morrors. Didn't make it to hope we blasted up Susan lake and by the top 5500ft it was 3-4ft deep. Looks like no one drove past us so, hope would be a blast for whom ever ventures the road, bet you will get first tracks in there.

fyi big snow fall and really warm at the end of the day, Avy could be extreme!

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hope creek trail is rough and it needs snow, we were there today heading else where tomorrow

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
choose your staging area wisely if headed in there this weekend as you maybe shovelling or stuck in there if the usual section comes down over the road.

wildalberta

Reaction score
Oh yea wont be going past the cliffs or anything. Almost happened to me last year but luckily enough someone left before me and dealt with it, thanks again lol

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are sections that come down across the road well before those cliffs you are talking about. Parking at the gate(before the cliffs) is around 48. There are next sections around 40 that come across the road. Just a FYI.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Hope this weekend, on Saturday and also sunday.

Small slide blocked the road at the rock face. with the slick snow, we got stuck at the corner just past the harbour. Greasy slick snow. Chains were our friend fo sho.

I guess there was a cluster fug of trucks at that corner later sunday...

Snow was EPIC!! about a meter in places, and you had to poach tracks to keep going on the flat sunday(At least for this fat boi).. Sun even came out... EPIC!!

Chatter crew cleared the roads, I can't believe they cross that lake with their sleds.

That concludes my Golden excursions till CHATTER TRIP 2014!! WOOHOO!!

Top Bottom