Hood Straps

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys are using for the extra side hood straps. I wanna put four extras on my M so it doesn't grenade apart when rolled. The older Yammy ones look decent and possibly the Polaris straps from the IQ. I'm looking for ones that legitimately hook onto something, rather than the older Polaris style that can just pop off sideways when struck by something. Thanks.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put two on my m. They look good and were pretty easy to put on. Got them from the cat dealer, 25-30 bone. Ill have pics up hopefully latr today

Wally in Calgary

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what guys are using for the extra side hood straps. I wanna put four extras on my M so it doesn't grenade apart when rolled. The older Yammy ones look decent and possibly the Polaris straps from the IQ. I'm looking for ones that legitimately hook onto something, rather than the older Polaris style that can just pop off sideways when struck by something. Thanks.
Here you go -- .Go to page 466 & 467

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On page 467 bottom left these are the same as the ones that i use and sell alot of.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put two on my m. They look good and were pretty easy to put on. Got them from the cat dealer, 25-30 bone. Ill have pics up hopefully latr today

Can't quite see which ones you have?

On page 467 bottom left these are the same as the ones that i use and sell alot of.

I like those. How long does it take those folks to ship up to Alberto? Or perhaps if you have four Glen. Thanks.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a metal hook that u rivet to the hood then a rubber strap similar to the stock one that u dremel a slit in the side panel then pull it through and latch er on.

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris straps are $19 each from the dealer and $6 on ebay.
Bought mine at the dealer. :(

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like those. How long does it take those folks to ship up to Alberto? Or perhaps if you have four Glen. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

We pretty much always have them in stock. I have an order with a bunch of those style comin in next week.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here you go -- .Go to page 466 & 467

I use the ones with the slot in the middle (Part #012-134-01 from the link above), you can get them from lots of places. Rivet/bolt the strap to the hood and then I just take a small bolt (like 3/16"), put a bend in it so it points down like a hook, and screw it through the bellypan below where the rubber is mounted on the hood (make sure you mount it low enough so the rubber strap has some tension on it when hooked on).

Wrap the bolt threads in black electrical tape so they don't cut the rubber and then pull the strap down and hook the center slot over the bolt. Paint the bolt black for a really clean look, you won't even notice its there. Bolt head and hook angle will keep the strap secured against the bellypan. Going on year 3 with the same setup.

Let me know if you need pics.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the ones with the slot in the middle (Part #012-134-01 from the link above), you can get them from lots of places. Rivet/bolt the strap to the hood and then I just take a small bolt (like 3/16"), put a bend in it so it points down like a hook, and screw it through the bellypan below where the rubber is mounted on the hood (make sure you mount it low enough so the rubber strap has some tension on it when hooked on).

Wrap the bolt threads in black electrical tape so they don't cut the rubber and then pull the strap down and hook the center slot over the bolt. Paint the bolt black for a really clean look, you won't even notice its there. Bolt head and hook angle will keep the strap secured against the bellypan. Going on year 3 with the same setup.

Let me know if you need pics.

I like that idea. If you have a moment I wouldn't mind seeing it. How come you put the strap on the hood vs. on the belly pan?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK will take pics today.

No reason for putting the strap where it was, other than if I take the hood off when riding then the strap is not flapping around, it stays with the hood. You could do it either way though, whatever your preference.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

SLP sells them for 15 bucks or so they are on all my M sleds

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
SLP sells them for 15 bucks or so they are on all my M sleds

Those are what I was referring to as older Polaris style straps. They tend to pop off to the side easy as they don't completely hook in. Plus they're rather bulky. This is from buddy's experiences.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pics of the setup.

If yours are more exposed (mine are hidden by the bumper) for a cleaner look a guy could put a piece of black hose on the threads instead of black tape.

Depending on the hood style you have, you might not need to bend them either if they are more on a hood curve than straight up and down like here.

Attachments

• IMG_5284.jpg
    IMG_5284.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 76
Top Bottom