Hood painting

Dwishl

Reaction score
I was thinking about painting my good on my 2003 summit white with black, how would a guy go abouts Doing this himself? Could I go to Canadian tire and get some good spray paint with clear coat paint? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355420196.586793.jpg

dragn

Reaction score
Well first before u buy the paint look and make sure u see how long it takes for the paint to dry an set as some u have a week or so before u can wash or even get dirty so thats a big issue. Next I dont no if u are keeping the original stickers but if u are you will need painters tape or something simular but if u aint u will want to remove them as u will still be able to see the out line even under the paint. If u remove them make sure to get rid of all the glue substance. Also before u paint take fine sand paper and give the plastic a good scrabbing as this will open little pockets the the paint has an easier time sticking to your sled. And as for paint u should be able to buy something at canadian tire just read the labels and make sure its exterior and worked on plastic and like u said id buy a clear coat or something similar to protect your paint job.

Dwishl

Reaction score
Well first before u buy the paint look and make sure u see how long it takes for the paint to dry an set as some u have a week or so before u can wash or even get dirty so thats a big issue. Next I dont no if u are keeping the original stickers but if u are you will need painters tape or something simular but if u aint u will want to remove them as u will still be able to see the out line even under the paint. If u remove them make sure to get rid of all the glue substance. Also before u paint take fine sand paper and give the plastic a good scrabbing as this will open little pockets the the paint has an easier time sticking to your sled. And as for paint u should be able to buy something at canadian tire just read the labels and make sure its exterior and worked on plastic and like u said id buy a clear coat or something similar to protect your paint job.

Alright thanks a lot for the help

Top Bottom