Honest and decent.....Thanks

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Step daughter had her High School Grad last week...Luv to take pictures so had my back pack camera bag loaded up and was snapping away..a group of 15 young adults...it was kaos...LOL I kept handing the back pack off to my wife....and running off to the next location or group ....then it was time to head to the Shaw for the ceremony….
Get there only to realize neither of us picked up the back pack at the last stop…my stomach sank, a few thousand dollars worth of camera gear gone….started heading back to the truck to run back there to in case, and my cell phone rings…
The security on the legislative grounds found it and called the number I had put on the travel tag. Wow was I a happy camper, ran down to pick it up and believe it or not it was all there…bought a lottery ticket as I was feeling extremely lucky ….

Am feeling restored that there are honest and decent people out there….

Thanks to the security staff at the legislative grounds...

Any other good stories out there…

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sort of on a different vein, but we had an instance this weekend where the good nature of others helped us greatly. We set out to do a hike in the West Kootenays in one of the provincial parks. About 3.5 km up the road my buddies explorer starts pissing out tranny fluid. This happened previously so I had hoped he still had fluid in the truck, since no luck we walked to the road. We got picked up in about 10 minutes by a guy headed to the same town we hoped to find some fluid at. He dropped us off at the hardware store and went on his way. A short while later he had returned, as the event he wanted to attend was cancelled. He offered to get us back to the truck and brought along his mechanic friend, who gave us some lucas stop leak. We filled it up, and were on our way out when he offered a suitable second choice, that was super nice and easier on the truck.

We then offered some money for time, gas, stop leak and were refused. "Buy some beers, you guys look like you are thirsty."

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went on a trip to Edmonton for Midget Hockey Provincials and of course all the boys wanted to go to West Edmonton Mall . Upon departing from the bus I noticed I had dropped my cell phone somewhere in the mall .Panic set in ........I decided to find the security office and see if it were there ....my husband called it ,just off the cuff ....and low and behold someone had seen me drop it the parking lot and had brought it to the office .........the security guard answered and said "yep , it's here somone turned it in."
I know it seems like a small thing but what are the odds of someone doing that , it just shows there are honest and sincere people still in this crazy world!!!!

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wife and I were in Vegas couple months back...walking around the hotels checking out the individual attractions at each and stopped for a couple games on the slot machines and the other couple wanted a cigarette and couple wobbly pops(By this time its day 5 there so lots of pictures.) Off to the next stop and some shopping in Ceasars Palace when we got to the little moving statues...wife turns and says talk a picture..to which i said with what YOU have the camera. The expression on her face was enough to say i don't have and you'd better find it before i cry. I ran back from ceasars to the bellagio ..anyone whose been there knows that's quite a distance...and i'm a big dude even farther for me...but when i got to the slot machine no go..thought check security and low and behold he picked it up on his rounds!!

Needless to say bought him a steak dinner and some beers that night!!!!

bullfrog123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago while at Old Faithful, (in Yellowstone National Park), I lost my new Iphone, we backtracked all over the place with no results. Checked all the info desks and lost and found places, filled out lost reports and the such. Meanwhile the wife is calling my phone to see if someone will answer,..... no luck. All of a sudden some guy from California calls her, said he couldn't figure out how to answer the phone, but did get into my contacts and info, found our home # and wife's cell #. We met up and got phone back, guy refused dinner, $$, everything. Said the good karma was all he needed to get back home.

Good to see there are a few good eggs left in this crazy world!!!!:beer::beer:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Last weekend took the late father inlaws car to Saskatchewan to give to the wife uncle well about 15k outta North Battleford the water pump let go and chewed up the belt. I ran back to NB for a pump, belt, anitfreeze and crowbar to change it out on the side of the hiway. Wife, mother inlaw 2 small dogs standing in the ditch and the hood up on the car the whole time I was gone and not 1 person stopped to see if they need help or a phone I was kinda shocked at the reults.... especially for Sask.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
AWESOME, GUYSNGALS...... FEEL GOOD STORIES, ALL OF THEM.;)
JUST WISH THE GUY THAT STOLE MY CAMERA ON THE MEXICAN RIVIERA, 1 1/2 AGO, WOULD'VE RETURNED IT...... 1100 PICTURES AND 12 DAYS WORTH OF HOLIDAY..... HAD A BACKUP CAMERA THAT WE RAN AROUND TAKING PICS OF EVERYTHING WE COULD ON THE LAST 2 DAYS, BUT MANY 1 TIME SHOTS ON GOOD CAMERA(LIKE THE DAUGHTER BEING ASKED TO GO ONSTAGE AND DANCE WITH THE PERFORMER WHILE HE SANG TO HER IN FRONT OF 6500 PEOPLE AT XCARET)... EVEN OFFERED $500.00 REWARD JUST FOR THE MEMORY CHIP:mad:

Top Bottom