Honda Eu3000 Generator

evan3000

Reaction score
I'm considering upgrading my Eu 2000 Gen for a Eu 3000. I found that you can add a remote start kit to these generators. Has anybody ran a remote start kit for these? will the 3000 run my A/c in my 30' holiday tailer? Are all Eu3000 Gens electric start?
Thanks

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont have a remote but the answers to your other questions are yes and yes.
catmando!

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i run one of those generators at work on big compressors and table saws it has tons of power for on thing at a time if you want ac and tv and microwave id go up to the 5000w. Just checked with honda and the 3000 does not have remote start capabilities but the 5000 does also the 5000 can run 110 and 220 v.
3000w $2500
5000w $4200
6500w $4600

if it were me id get the 6500 if you want the best bang for you buck if you absolutely need remote start.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You dont need a 5000,I have run three trailers off mine,one at a time with air conditioning.
catmando!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fair enough but thats the only way your gonna get an inverter model honda generator with remote start.

True but the extra cost and the extra weight packing it around you will be happy to walk over and turn the key.But if you want to statr it from your lawnchair you are right
catmando!

treemongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got an Eu3000, runs a/c and microwave no problem, got mine up in athasbasca and he had a 3000 set up with remote start, extra weight and cost not worth it. electric start is nice thou.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been running my 26' 5th wheel trailer with an old 2200 Honda, she complains a bit when you fire up the A/C but bounces back.....:d

upgrading to the EU 3000 this spring. remote start would be nice, but I mean come on! we're camping!! (that just means send the boy to start it) :beer:

evan3000

Reaction score
I don't know if the link worked but it seems like it's fairly easy to add a wireless remote kit. I know it's camping, but I always hated running out in the morning in my gitch to start the generator to make a pot of coffee. plus who needs to see that.

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
there is a remote start option (aftermarket for about 600.00) for the 3000..... but like poopy pants said.... you are camping.... what do you need remote start for???

but the remote start on mine is nice!!!!!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Yamaha 3000, with remote start. They will run your RV a/c and microwave or toaster. I would recommend only running one of them at a time.. Generator was $2000.00 and the command start was $475.00. Never thought i would use the command start much... one of them things, you got it you use it.

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I have the 2000 honda it runs the micowave, toaster, coffee pot wifes hair dryer :rolleyes: but when it come to the ac it's iffy will run for it a bit but if it is real hot forget it. There has only been 1 time where I needed the ac it was 4PM trailer was hot no trees sitting in the middle of bald arse prarrie just came back from quadding opened the windows and a couple hours it was cooler by 10PM it was freezing....keep a fan in the trailer gets some nice air movement too

Linkz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the EU3000 gen with the remote starter that came on it from purchase, bought it from Honda Extreme Edmonton. Runs my 28' foot trailer no problem with AC. As for why does a person need remote start when camping?? #1 once you have one you'll never go back without one again and #2 Extremely handy when the wife needs to heat baby bottles at 3 in the morning so you could just stay in bed. hehe.

kendoo

Reaction score
been running my 26' 5th wheel trailer with an old 2200 Honda, she complains a bit when you fire up the A/C but bounces back.....:d

upgrading to the EU 3000 this spring. remote start would be nice, but I mean come on! we're camping!! (that just means send the boy to start it) :beer:

i heard a 2000 will run a/c if you install a soft start on a/c approx. 40.00$ most newer units already have this. this also helps in campgrounds with weak power

Mister Bee

Reaction score
Another option is if you have the EU2000ia companion model and bought another one of the same model you can buy a parallel wiring kit from Honda and will have enough power to run your A/C. It might cost a little more but a lot easier to move around.

evan3000

Reaction score
I'm not really concerned about the a/c as much as the remote start.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
If the unit is cabable of remote start it will only be 2 wires so just look for the start option and go for it. i belive onan has such a setup.

evan3000

Reaction score
no it's an after market kit made buy Sun Honda in the states. It requires some soldering and installation of a servo to turn the choke on. I have seen reviews on other sites and guys say they work pretty slick!

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys:

I have had the remote start on a couple of 3000's. I run horse trailers so i have the generator up top on a box. Believe me - after a couple of times climbing the ladder to start the thing - remote start was a necessity - not an option.

The Camrose Honda dealer just put a $199 Command Start on it - for cars. Three years never had a problem with it - just had to remember what buttons to push! plus they installed it in about 1/2 for me.

Greg

Top Bottom