Honda 420 trouble

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Buddy of mine has a 420 Honda with powercommader. His kids were riding the quad around. Stopped and now it will not start.
It is Elec shift. With key on there is a - on the dash. Does not go into N(neutral). It cranks over with lots of juice. Even tried boosting it off another quad. Just will not fire.

Any input on where to start looking??? I'm going to try and find the manual shifter and see if I can get it to go into Neutral but, quad rolls freely now so I'm sure it is in N, just elec problem that wont allow it to start.
Can I disconnect the PowerCommander and will it run with out it?

Thanks for any help

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not at all familiar with this new EFI system. Can I disconnect battery for 30sec and that will reset computer?
What about this Power Commander? He bought the quad used with it already installed. No idea no this item at all.

Thanks.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Disconnecting the battery should reset the computer but I'm no expert. The power commander should be a plug and play dealeo I would think. Hopefully someone will chime in with some know how for you.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The powercommander is plug and play, the harness for them has connectors the same as the quads connectors. The dash showing you a blank like that would make me believe its not reading what position the gear shift or lever is in. Is there any flashing on the display at all when you turn the key on? I would double check the powercommander connectors to make sure its all connected. should be like 4 maybe 5 connections, check that the ground wire is hooked up to. As soon as you turn the key on it runs a test and all the leds on the P.C. will flash... No flashy flashy its not connected right, or worst case its no good. In the manual there should be a reset proceedure, if not phone your closest honda shop they will run you through it... at least they should.You did check all the fuses under the seat right?? just thought i would ask...

Top Bottom