Holmes River

Ohmz

Reaction score
were heading to Mcbride this weekind and i'm wondering about the Holmes river trail..... anyone been up it this year?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not recommended, guys tried to access it two weeks ago and it was so overgrown they turned back. No point in going in that way anymore.

Ohmz

Reaction score
aawww chitty.... looks like i'm gonna have to pack my chain saw ;)... j/k.... thought it would be sweet to go exploring it

Brad62

Reaction score
we rode the road last year one day when it was blizarding in town. We went past the old trail it looked really overgrown, we carried on to the end of the road. There looked like some trail that followed the valley but it was getting late in the day. It was a good way to kill a crappy day. We had a foot and half on most of the road and ran into a trapper which made for an interesting day.

Ohmz

Reaction score
sweet if its chitty and socked in this weekend we might try bush wackin our way through :)

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know last season some guys jumped off at the beginning before the heavy willows and followed the Holmes river up and when that got too tough they jumped back on the trail. There was sections of the trail that wasn't willowed over so they used both. But it took the whole day to get to the waterfall. Higgins.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know last season some guys jumped off at the beginning before the heavy willows and followed the Holmes river up and when that got too tough they jumped back on the trail. There was sections of the trail that wasn't willowed over so they used both. But it took the whole day to get to the waterfall. Higgins.

Tried that trail with quads two summers ago and it was like hitting a wall the willows were so dense. Wouldn't bother in my opinion, but 30 years ago that was the best way in.They would have jumped off and followed Chalko Creek after the 17 km trail turnoff. The Holmes River follows the road down the valley for about a 60KM one way trip before the road deadends. An alright trail ride for a whitout blizzardy day.

Top Bottom