Hole/Crack in tunnel, best way to fix?

Anarchos

Reaction score
I just bought this sled, it was so cheap it was nearly free. Anyways, it looks like at one point there was something mounted to the tunnel (a ski/snowboard holder most likely) that was ripped off. The previous owner drilled four holes so the crack didn't spread. What's the best way to go about strengthening and/or hiding the area? I noticed there's a few companies that sell tunnel stiffeners...maybe I should just rivet a set of those on top and call it a day? A local company, Cheetah Factory Racing, makes some for the XP, but not the Rev. Any recommendations?
Ir03FKa.jpg

Last edited:

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we just use alloy bandaids and rivot them on. start with a peice of paper or cardboard to make a template and job done. you could spend a bunch of money on tunnel stiffeners but save the $ and fabricate something. road work signs are the perfect bandaid. inside or out side or both.

Anarchos

Reaction score
we just use alloy bandaids and rivot them on. start with a peice of paper or cardboard to make a template and job done. you could spend a bunch of money on tunnel stiffeners but save the $ and fabricate something. road work signs are the perfect bandaid. inside or out side or both.

That's probably the easiest way. I might try and make it big enough to fit my registration sticker...a little like a licence plate, so it doesn't look like it's there as a patch :p

pinkpantherusmincus

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
talk to the guys at protek engeneering in function. they will give you good advice. alternatively talk to dave at cheetah, see if he will sell you 1/2 a xp

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Get a good shop to weld it up....... My rt1000 was crumpled pretty good and ripped/torn tunnel, and had repaired and can hardly tell...... Look for my thread on here, i have lotsa pics about repairing a written off rt1000 ...... Jus' sayin' ;)

Mantis

Reaction score
I would build something from aluminum angle that would increase the strength/ prevent further damage due to the fact it is so close to the top. There will be stress in that area every time you lift on the bumper/carry weight- some kind of basic rack that wraps both the side and top of the tunnel.

Anarchos

Reaction score
I would build something from aluminum angle that would increase the strength/ prevent further damage due to the fact it is so close to the top. There will be stress in that area every time you lift on the bumper/carry weight- some kind of basic rack that wraps both the side and top of the tunnel.
That's why I was thinking a set of tunnel stiffeners, like the type CFR sells for the XP since they wrap over the top of the tunnel too.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a piece of heavy gauge aluminum, 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 angle, with a radius bend in it. It's in a spot that you can rivet it from the inside without clearance issues.. Then weld the hole shut and grind.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, looking at the full size pic..

Just weld it and be done with it. It is not a stress point and should not worsen.

Top Bottom