hitch for a Jayco 30.5 Eagle lite

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one out there have any pics or suggestions as to how to mount a hitch on a Jayco 30.5 Eagle lite? I want to be able to to my boat or quad behind my 5th wheeler.

Pics would be a great help to me thanks in advance.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is a guy in Cardiff who installs them for around 350,.00,He did mine and would suggest you go see him cause it will cost that much just to buy one.Call the sevice dept at the rv place in Morinville,they use him,I dont have a number or name sorry!You cant really see it in the pics but it is welded to the frame as well as bolted and runs the whole width of the trailer!

Attachments

• P6220004.jpg
    P6220004.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P6220005.jpg
    P6220005.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 54
  • P6220006.jpg
    P6220006.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy in Cardiff who installs them for around 350,.00,He did mine and would suggest you go see him cause it will cost that much just to buy one.Call the sevice dept at the rv place in Morinville,they use him,I dont have a number or name sorry!You cant really see it in the pics but it is welded to the frame as well as bolted and runs the whole width of the trailer!

thanks Catman. could ypu get me a shot or two from underneath. so I can see how it us welded to the frame.

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just something to think about...re 30' 5" trailer, how long is the boat...

You might want to get out a tape measure, your allowed 20 m or 65' 6" bumber to bumber.....I was 65' 2" with a 2002 Crew Cab short box, a 24' 5th wheel and a 24' quad trailer....

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

You might want to get out a tape measure, your allowed 20 m or 65' 6" bumber to bumber.....I was 65' 2" with a 2002 Crew Cab short box, a 24' 5th wheel and a 24' quad trailer....

Soooo....which law enforcement agency informed you on this rule??? Just curious.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RV stealership up here wanted $500 for their hitch setup, so I built my own. Here's a couple pics....as Catman mentioned, I welded and bolted mine to the frame rails under the trailer. Total cost was $86 for steel, and $12 for the 2 custom U-bolts.

pics002Large.jpg

pics001Large.jpg

I can go snap a few more from underneath where it's welded/bolted if you need.

Last edited:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can find it at the Queens' Printer link http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca

I know it's there somewhere, I did find this guide, but there is also the regulation....

There was another thread on this search under Tandem trailers, was some good comments in there.

Attachments

• recvehtowguide.pdf
    168.8 KB · Views: 96

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
You can find it at the Queens' Printer link http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca

I know it's there somewhere, I did find this guide, but there is also the regulation....

There was another thread on this search under Tandem trailers, was some good comments in there.

Thanks man :beer: I have a couple of buds that are lookin' at putting hitches on and weren't sure on regs.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

flexible guideline. that all that is. No I am aware of the length restriction. mostley interested in pull a short 2 place trailer for quads. I' pretty sure that the boat will put me over the top

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The RV stealership up here wanted $500 for their hitch setup, so I built my own. Here's a couple pics....as Catman mentioned, I welded and bolted mine to the frame rails under the trailer. Total cost was $86 for steel, and $12 for the 2 custom U-bolts.

pics002Large.jpg

pics001Large.jpg

I can go snap a few more from underneath where it's welded/bolted if you need.

thanks teeroy. looks like your frame must be different than mine. Mine is I beam and judging by your hitch looks like yours it tubular. These pic do give me an Idea as to what to do for mine.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks teeroy. looks like your frame must be different than mine. Mine is I beam and judging by your hitch looks like yours it tubular. These pic do give me an Idea as to what to do for mine.
the ones the dealership is selling look the same, for I beam and tubular frames like mine. they are simply welding a spacer to the I beam to make it a flush surface and only bolting it onto the frame. the only difference between theirs and mine was that the ends with the upright flanges are on separate square tubing pieces that slide into the larger square tubing attached to the hitch piece, so it can be adjusted for different frame widths. they drill holes and bolt the sliding pieces solid once they have the spacing set.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the ones the dealership is selling look the same, for I beam and tubular frames like mine. they are simply welding a spacer to the I beam to make it a flush surface and only bolting it onto the frame. the only difference between theirs and mine was that the ends with the upright flanges are on separate square tubing pieces that slide into the larger square tubing attached to the hitch piece, so it can be adjusted for different frame widths. they drill holes and bolt the sliding pieces solid once they have the spacing set.

no ch!t? nice to know. doesn't have to be that complicated. thank you so much for your help.

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one i put on was from hidden hitch it was easy to install and bolts right to the frame you just have to drill some holes and line er up.
it was 300 bux.
and ya its 65 feet total length im over by 5 feet but as long as i dont get cought im good to go.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the one i put on was from hidden hitch it was easy to install and bolts right to the frame you just have to drill some holes and line er up.
it was 300 bux.
and ya its 65 feet total length im over by 5 feet but as long as i dont get cought im good to go.

could you post some pics. from underneath would be great. Thanks

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Pipes

Why don't you get a guy with a plasma cutter, miller mig welder to help you build it, I'm sure if you give him some a case of canadian he would do it for no charge, and he does like building things.:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Top Bottom