hiring a nanny???????

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK - due to another pregnancy:) and very ill wife :( I am being forced into doing something I would never have dreamed of..........looking for a nanny for our young children.

I am super cautious about this process. Can anyone offer some suggestions about the process itself. I am not really looking for any specific suggestions on who to hire just advice on how to go about checking references, security clearance, good agencies etc

Cheers............Al

malibumama

Member with many hats
Reaction score
There is a nanny/dayhome agency in Edmonton that can lead you in the right direction. Also, you can ask for a criminal record check, a child welfare check (tells you if they have ever done anything to kids before), also be sure they have references. That will be the biggest indicator of job performance and child safety. I know a few people with nannies and people who share nannies as well...(ie for one month they are at one house, for one month they are at another house). Another thing to think about is if you want them driving your children around especially if they just moved here from another country.

Top Bottom