Highway 1 cloesd at field

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crash at 5:06 pm closed hiway 55k east of golden,opening for 10pm sat nov 28.icing up drive careful

gm3d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there were any fatalities? We passed the scene just minutes after it had happened. What a mess. Our thoughts and prayers to the people and families envolved.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I read it was 2 semis that hit each other and both drivers sustained serious injuries. Did not see any reports of fatalities.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had to drive around it from golden, took five plus hours through radium to calgary after riding all day....

the guy at the closure said there was a fatality not sure how acurate that is,, all the best to people involved

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
we had to drive around it from golden, took five plus hours through radium to calgary after riding all day....

The guy at the closure said there was a fatality not sure how acurate that is,, all the best to people involved

hmmm, that's kinda like the drive from edmonton to there..... Wish i lived as close as calgary(just don't want to live in cowtown)..... Lol

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm, that's kinda like the drive from edmonton to there..... Wish i lived as close as calgary(just don't want to live in cowtown)..... Lol

cochrane, okotoks, chestermere, high river,

you have options.....

then the CNP is also close,, thats after christmas

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
came back sunday nite, was stopped just before the bridge west of field as they were dragging one semi out of the embankment. tore the cab right off the frame, he didn't make it, and the flagman said that 3 more were killed the day before, for a total of 4. he was thinking about getting a better job. drive safe, 4 wheel drive doesn't get u a get out of jail pass. just more control.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
another crazy story was on 25th at 6am on donald bridge As east bound semi lost control and hit bridge and then sec.one hit first semi sending it in columbia river 100 feet down and 2 lived, speed was factor there.......bet it smelled like sh$t in cab

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah, saw that the side rails were punched out again, man those poor fish down below must hate seeing 20 tonnes dropping over the bridge in to there breeding habitat.:eek:

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they break ground in spring for the new bridge.will elimanate some of this,oo goody gooody

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We left Revy Saturday instead of our planned Sunday just because the roads looked like "things were gonna happen". My partner and I had 2 great days of riding, woke up Sat AM to zero vis, and we decided to make tracks. We went through Field at 10am or so. Roger's pass even had many of the usually very fast moving semis slowed down and chained up. Was glad for 4 studded tires for sure.

Top Bottom