HID's - Wtf

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to this in my search for better lighting, I called the dealer I bought my truck from a couple months back. I started asking about the price on HID projectors (ie the housing and all like the FX4 and Lariat, etc). He says 'ah you're probably better off with a set of Beamers HID bulbs'. I say "Not real interested in being the guy blinding everyone else with these terrible things'. He says - "Aw who cares about the other people, as you long can see!". Nice job guys, way to make the roads a safer place for everyone lol.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which dealer? So I can avoid!

Further to this in my search for better lighting, I called the dealer I bought my truck from a couple months back. I started asking about the price on HID projectors (ie the housing and all like the FX4 and Lariat, etc). He says 'ah you're probably better off with a set of Beamers HID bulbs'. I say "Not real interested in being the guy blinding everyone else with these terrible things'. He says - "Aw who cares about the other people, as you long can see!". Nice job guys, way to make the roads a safer place for everyone lol.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which dealer? So I can avoid!

Yeah I was a little surprised about his 'who cares' attitude. He knew they were terrible for everyone else, yet still pushed them on me. Whitehorse Motors...not an AB dealer. Actually got a better deal up here on the truck, which I was pretty surprised about. Most big ticket items require a pilgrimage to Alberta.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever got out of your truck to see what your fog lights look like to everyone else on the road? They are annoying to oncoming traffic especially when there's no fog. I run my fogs with my high beams when required, but I also turn both sets off when there's any hint of oncoming traffic.

ya i have... have you seen the fog lights on an 02 dodge... odviously not or you wouldn't comment... you don't have kids either... how can i explain my fog lights... they suck... i've seen them coming at me too... they all look the same like someone hit the dimmer switch... trust me no biggy... i don't run them anymore but i like them on snow and ice to see what the road looks like if that makes sence

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd hate to see the cost of borrowing for these guys driving said vehicles. But I'm sure they don't even know what that is. 'Sweet man, its like 400 a month, such a sick payment!'. lol.

i know a guy right now... 933 per month... wtf thats my mortgage

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i have... have you seen the fog lights on an 02 dodge... odviously not or you wouldn't comment... you don't have kids either... how can i explain my fog lights... they suck... i've seen them coming at me too... they all look the same like someone hit the dimmer switch... trust me no biggy... i don't run them anymore but i like them on snow and ice to see what the road looks like if that makes sence

All I'm saying is switch them off when traffic is oncoming. Maybe your 02 Dodge fogs don't bother anyone but you'd be an exception if that's the case.

Why don't you just leave your high beams on too if they're keeping your kids safe?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some oem projector housings on ebay for reasonable money.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe he has such high payments to pay it off quicker and end up paying less interest?

It's the guy paying 250 bi weekly, on a 50,000 dollar truck that I would be more concerned about!

I'm paying 1280 a month, but it was on purpose over a 2 year term on mine. Cost of borrowing the money was pretty low (around $1000), since I don't have that sort of dough laying around.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's the guy paying 250 bi weekly, on a 50,000 dollar truck that I would be more concerned about!

I'm paying 1280 a month, but it was on purpose over a 2 year term on mine. Cost of borrowing the money was pretty low (around $1000), since I don't have that sort of dough laying around.

I agree with you on that one, thats one of those "if you can fog a mirror you can make payments on a brand new truck" kinda things

I went to one 'sketchy' used dealer ship when I was shopping around and was offered a ridiculous payment plan when the sleezy salesman saw me looking at a 2010 lifted HD 6.4 cc. It was something like 300 biweekly for 84 months

So I went straight to ford and got a pretty decent rate for 5 years, and its an open loan so if all goes well I will have her paid off within 2.5 years

Top Bottom