Hiding the brake hose and throttle cable on a sled

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just seen this - if I had bottomless pockets I'd try to do this on my sled - hide the brake hose and throttle cable in the bars and down the riser - in the adjustable riser also

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think you would need bottomless pockets. a little bar customization and run them through. would need nice gromets to prevent rubbing. and likely a different fitting on the brake resevoir

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont think you would need bottomless pockets. a little bar customization and run them through. would need nice gromets to prevent rubbing. and likely a different fitting on the brake resevoir
I would wanna make a new brake reservoir that was super sleek and billet and also have breakaway levers - also wouldn't want to lose any strength on the bars - just a simple 1/2" hole drifted into my cheetah bars I think would weaken them considerably

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
true. I often wonder if the brake system could be updated. with a sleeker brake lever and no reservoir like the bikes.
Yes , that's what I'm saying - why not try to build the reservoir into the bars somehow - or sleek and rounded and built longer lengthwise with the bars - to handle the tree bashing way better - I would want them to be made out of titanium - and heated with the antifreeze from the motor - hence the bottomless pockets

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had fun a few years back. Built push/pull bars. (upside down U shape with a horizontal pivot through the center to rotate the U forward and back) push to go and pull to brake. Was awesome for the side hill but out of control on the bumpy trail. Super clean looking though, all cables were at the column.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had fun a few years back. Built push/pull bars. (upside down U shape with a horizontal pivot through the center to rotate the U forward and back) push to go and pull to brake. Was awesome for the side hill but out of control on the bumpy trail. Super clean looking though, all cables were at the column.
That sounds crazy - where I ride at eagles pass around New year's it would be purely death with bars like that - my issue is now that I put a Munster finger throttle I have to try to make my lefty throttle work with it now - not sure how I'm gonna do it yet but I hope I can figure out a way - love my lefty - specially when I'm super hoooored in there

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Forbidden motorcycles has a bar with Fly racing that guys use on Harleys and have internal wiring holes pre drilled. Won't fit your brake line but would clean the rest up.

Top Bottom