Hi from Edmonton

SmokeyXIII

Reaction score
Happy New year all

Just bought my first ever ATV, after a very long thought process. Went with a 2016 Can Am 650 Outlander XMR.

Probably going to spend most of my time at Bruderheim, Redwater and Stanger Hills with hopefully an annual trip to Nordegg and Hinton too.

I've got a 4 year old son who is REALLY excited about all this too, so I imagine he will (cautiously) ride with me a little this year and if all goes well he can get his own in the next year or so.

So uh yeah, Hello!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those aren't bad places to go if you're flying solo since there are usually other people around (Redwater and Bruderheim anyway). Check out the Iron Horse as well. You can ride from Smokey Lake towards Bellis where there are a few sand trails. ...pretty scenic in during the summer months.

If you have another machine with you, there are way better spots reasonably close to Edmonton. Long Island Lake, Brazeau, Two Hills Cougar patch, Vega (Timeau Creek), Whitecourt.

Welcome to the site!

HOTLAP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Leduc, Drayton Valley, Brazeau Dam and Alder Flats are also within 1-1.5 hour drive from Edmonton and offer awesome trails as well.
I say Brazeau and Redwater would be best for the little guy. We always post on the mud pit page a few days before going out in case any single riders want to meet up, it's a lot more carefree riding with others so you aren't worried about getting stuck by yourself

Last edited:
Top Bottom